DCrussader
Re: Transifex and rant

Quote:

yes There is rules. good or incomplete or even bad rules. but unfortunately people have the right to obey them or not.

If this was true...J! will never be number one choice for everything with over 10,000 extensions.

There are no rules for nothing, only "political" to be gentle and kind on forums, nothing regarding development, even for following one terminology and way of placing releases.

Cesagonchu

I have separated debate in two distinct subjects, because it became off-topic :

- Transifex and rant

- Avaman 0.22 RC2 Ready for Testing on XOOPS 2.5.5 RC

Mamba
  • 2013/1/13 11:21

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
There are no rules for nothing, only "political" to be gentle and kind on forums, nothing regarding development, even for following one terminology and way of placing releases.

Yes, being respectful to each other is the foundation of the community here. We don't have to agree on everything, but we can NOT be disrespectful to each other.

People who contribute here, don't get paid for it. They do it because the like to help, and because they love XOOPS. Not everyone is a genius here, and we make mistakes, and we forget things. But that's what teamwork is all about - to jump in and help each other, sometimes provide some encouragement, sometimes send the extra reminder, sometimes point out a mistake, or show a better way.

People who are here contributing, are not coming here to be abused! If they are willing to spend time on XOOPS instead of going to a movie or to a game, the least what we can do is to show them some respect.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

Quote:

DCrussader wrote:
Quote:

yes There is rules. good or incomplete or even bad rules. but unfortunately people have the right to obey them or not.

If this was true...J! will never be number one choice for everything with over 10,000 extensions.

While you have a few valid points your rants to me are you just venting and you are sharing your personal ideas. As a community we are all free to share what we think and if there are good ideas they get implemented.

Attacks on people really serve no one. Each person has their own reason for doing or not doing what they are doing. I wish I has more time to devote to Xoops but I was working two jobs before, and now I am working one job but going to school full time.

Xoops is suffering from previous core programmers leaving the core in a mess and xoops up through version 2.5.5 really is based on 4-6 year old code. We left the old core alone because there was a "great new" version coming out. This happened with the first attempt a few years ago and again recently with "xoops engine". This requires that the main xoops core structure needed to be totally redone to be ready for the future. This is in process and is what 2.6 is. 2.6 really is an attempt to bring xoops up to full compliance with the latest PHP and update to be more compatible with the latest stuff available.

If the false starts of the past never happen or if the core programmers don't run off people, xoops would now be the biggest CMS out there. There are hundreds of modules available out there and most of them no longer work since they are based off old core.

Since I have been here we have some of the best people working with xoops. Hopefully that will continue. We will have people get upset and leave and others will stay and work through it all. You are welcome to leave and come back at a later time if you so desire I am sure but you will miss out on much.

Personally I think we should build a database to hold all of the translations and then have the system build whatever we end up with. .INI, Class files or whatever. It would be something relatively simple to do. But I am not a core programmer and can only offer suggestions and feedback.

Rodney

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits