DCrussader
Transifex and rant

Why I'm looking in XOOPS2.5_mod_avaman0.22_mamba.zip downloaded from SF.NET minute ago and found this:

define('_MI_AVAMAN_MODULENAME' 'AVAMAN' ) ;
define('_MI_AVAMAN_MODULEDESC' 'Managing system avatars and smilies' ) ;

define('_MI_AVAMAN_AVATARMANAGER' 'Avatar Manager' ) ;
define('_MI_AVAMAN_SMILIESMANAGER' 'Smilies Manager' ) ;

GIJoe's way of typing !
How much time I have to repeat same and same things and no one is doing anything here ?
Nope, I will not replace bitcero from Project coordinators on TX with Cesag, she will replace me!
I don't have anymore nerves to loose and to repeat over and over again DO THIS and NOT THAT!
What's updated to final from RC, even not and the language !
No changelog at all, what for we was talking so much ?

IF she want and have the will to do something for nothing! Will let her to over take it.

Cesag - Do you want this position ?
I'll explain to u how TX works, how to maintain each sub-project and how to release/add new files.

Mamba
Re: Transifex and rant
  • 2013/1/12 11:15

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Stefan, sorry for that.

I thought it was already updated and didn't check on this.

I'll fix it and re-upload.

Thanks for catching it.

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Cesagonchu
Transifex and rant

Quote:

DCrussader wrote:
Cesag - Do you want this position ?
I'll explain to u how TX works, how to maintain each sub-project and how to release/add new files.

If you want to take a break, I can replace you, but know this does not help the project Xoops, missing people to help, so I hope this is not final because your help is invaluable.

I understand your feeling of having to constantly repeat things, but stay zen, after all, you're YODA! hehe

DCrussader

Even Master Yoda have limits...

Mamba
  • 2013/1/12 12:54

• Mamba

Unfortunately mistakes and bugs will happen from time to time. As long as we're willing to fix them, and they only happen from time to time, we should be able to deal with them with patience!

There is a lot of good work happening recently on XOOPS, and we need to focus on the positive and important, and not let the small things impact us.

I hope, you'll reconsider your decision and help us to make XOOPS the best it can be!
Support XOOPS => DONATE

DCrussader

Damn, I can't edit.... Use of NewBB must be banned, and this crappy module to go in history where it's place is it! SMF changed license - use it!, phpBB3 is GPL - use it, this crappy thing is nothing more then Notes/Board - something like old BBS!

Quote:

Even Master Yoda have limits...

They reject to follow simple rules

We've talked about this several times and the result is ZERO

+ Chagelogs for everything
Avaman moves from RC to Final in silent mod and nothing is changed as fact
+ Language files to be kept up to date even translations, what for people on TX loosing their time to keep modules up to date, when modules still are released and distributed with outdated translations
+ Specific string to be added to existing language files in about.php which will direct credits to the specific Language Team Translator
eg. Cesag (cesag-email@somewhere) as Team Language coordinator for French translations, who the hell knows that with current way of translating files ?
+ Naming and versioning - still everyone makes releases on their own, no matter of what
+ One and only support forums, those at XOOPS.org
++ Not forced registrations on 3rd party sites for simple task to obtain a module
++ Respecting GPL, which says - all modules must be available for free for everyone if they are released for free.
+++ No one must be forced to register to author's site to obtain module or theme
+++ No one must be forced to use Spanish forums to report bugs for RMCommons, and/or to learn Spanish to understand the interface of the site for this specific module

All Module developers must be forced to use specific rules, but what example will be this if the main module maintainer for XOOPS, not follow!
All Theme designers (and module developers) must read GPL before to release anything, any aggressive act against GPL must be treated by XOOPS.ORG.
Every module/theme designer must react on user requests on this forum, NO I will not Learn nor Spanish, nor French, nor anything different then English to use my favorite (probably less in this days), bcz everyone want and do all things in their way!

Bitcero u was respected in past developer by me, now u are not:
1. U can't throw a post here, regarding latest release of RMCommon and TO NOT respond to user's problems! This is 101% abusive act against XOOPS core and it's community
2. You're files must be available for download without obstructions, this means sites like sourceforge.net - not on your personal Spanish pseudo support sites!
3. When you make promises to update and keep your modules operating, to follow them

Chronolabs aka Wishcraft = running away from obligations is not the way real developers do their job.
If I release something buggy will fix it and will release updates, regularly
Will read users responses and will take care of the problematic situations
Will read licenses before to release any of my paid jobs to public!
...and for many, many other reasons all of your work will be removed from TX before I og

Trabis, no matter how much J! core developers are busy with their specific tasks on sub-projects in extending and developing Joomla! in the way to be made Number 1 choice for CMS, they are responding to community requests, not using someone like Mamba to translate what are u doing and where.

Yeah I've got reply from u, very unsatisfying but a reply.
"We will do that, bcz we decided in that way, if not works in future - we will replace it"
and this explains what's wrong with XOOPS, not any big change for 5 cores, XOOPS 2.5.5 is like XOOPS 2.0.18.3 with just changed administration interface, more bugs and incompatibilities.

2.1 (Development dead release)
2.2 Something freash - dead
2.3 Extended development of 2.0 - adding nothing
2.4 Adding nothing
2.5 Adding nothing, Mamba comes from somewhere and make some modules fully functional with this non-sense release
2.6. Nothing planed to be changed, adding bunch of stuff not requested by anyone, and things that are requested are moved to 2.7 or 3.0, and what again Mamba or someone like him will make this core somehow usable by converting few outdated (really outdated) modules.

Mage: When I got negative reply by someone, I reply him in my way, by my words, I don't tolerate censorship and such idiotic politics.
When someone criticize your work, see if he is right and if is - correct it!
Your countryman are not here to protect your work !
When u're releasing something to operate under specific core, it's must follow the interface and terminology of that core, and u will learn to use it, or make yourself another core!

GIJoe (nothing bad for the dead...but): Yeah he made some good extensions for 2.0.18.3, but does his bugs must present in 2.5.5 ? Who is responsible for that ?

Catz: Best of the best (towards with Marc andre and solo): Really hope to see u back, in the core development of XOOPS, not in born-dead forks like XOOSLA/Cube/Impress.

Mamba: My hope was in you, at least you will keep language files and translations in their actual states... no comments.

So Cesag will be added instead of Bitcero, which does nothing in Localization tasks!
imtfan will be added as Coordinator too, hopefully he will have more patience then me and 2.6 will come out with INI files, with rules which people follow.

I'll still keep an eye on XOOPS, but will not loose anymore time with it. All my free time will be redirected to projects which are really "community driven". To translate and help localization of projects like CMS Made Simple, Joomla! and Concrete5. Will stay in coordinators team till someone remove me, but will not act until user ask me in PM, like Cesag.

That's all.... for now!

Quote:

There is a lot of good work happening recently on XOOPS, and we need to focus on the positive and important, and not let the small things impact us.

Taking decisions on core developer's will, without asking no one in the community ? I don't see anything positive in 2.6, except of making more mess
Extension - in world wide usable CMS is something, 3rd part extension/application that extends the core, here simple tasks like plugins are called Applications/Extensions!

Quote:

I hope, you'll reconsider your decision and help us to make XOOPS the best it can be!

Maybe after XOOPS 2.x (INI) release.... who knows.

trabis
  • 2013/1/12 15:14

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

Trabis, no matter how much J! core developers are busy with their specific tasks on sub-projects in extending and developing Joomla! in the way to be made Number 1 choice for CMS, they are responding to community requests, not using someone like Mamba to translate what are u doing and where.

As I said before, feature requests will be handled on alpha 3. I'll respond to community in due time. I don't use Mamba to translate what I'm doing. If Mamba decides to translate what I'm doing it is his choice. It is his dish.

Quote:

Yeah I've got reply from u, very unsatisfying but a reply.
"We will do that, bcz we decided in that way, if not works in future - we will replace it"

If you are going to quote me, quote me, don't pretend you are quoting me.

If my unsatisfying reply was regarding organization:
You are not in the core team. If the core team is pleased with their organization, let them be. It is their dish.
If you are on translation team, you should look for organization in there. I don't care how translation team operates. It is their dish.

[end of if]

Quote:

Mage: When I got negative reply by someone, I reply him in my way, by my words, I don't tolerate censorship and such idiotic politics.

Right! And you should reply in the same thread, so people don't find out you are "quoting" them behind their backs.

Mamba
  • 2013/1/12 17:15

• Mamba

Stafan, your post raises some good points, but I wish, it would be done in a nicer way, without the need to trash other people.

Quote:
So Cesag will be added [...] in Localization tasks!
imtfan will be added as Coordinator too,

Thanks for ensuring that we have continuation for the Translations on Transifex, and I would like to thank Cesag for her willingness to step up and get already active with the Translations coordination!

I hope, we'll get good team helping with the translations! Please volunteer in the thread mentioned above.

Support XOOPS => DONATE

DCrussader

I was rising this points several times for the last year...., no more.

Cesag have my contacts if she need help with GiJoe's way of typing definitions, Wishcraft and some of the new ones of playing with formatting language files. So, she will get help how to fix, correct and convert files of one or another module so they can be translatable.

irmtfan
  • 2013/1/13 5:23

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

@DCrussader:
Your posts are too rude and offensive and non productive, also some parts of them are wrong.

eg:
Quote:

I can't edit.... Use of NewBB must be banned

in newbb there is an option to limit the editing time interval. (of course it could be unlimited too) it means for example in xoops.org forums Mamba set that to 1 hour so you only have 1 hour to edit your post after the submit.

eg2:
Quote:

All Module developers must be forced to use specific rules
All Theme designers (and module developers) must read GPL
Every module/theme designer must react on user requests on this forum

unfortunately, I wish i could do that too but the reality is nobody can force anybody to do anything in a free world of internet.

yes There is rules. good or incomplete or even bad rules. but unfortunately people have the right to obey them or not. you hate spaces in translations, I hate hardcodes like html, css, sql commands in php files and developers dont use XOOPS API, Mamba hate to struggle with many different ways previous developers did to solve the same thing in different outdated modules.
But I didnt shout in the last 10 years because i know it will not solve anything.

I was especially very upset when i read your insults to Trabis, The only Core team member that listen to the community needs, The only person in this community that i can confess knows better that me how to do things to make XOOPS a brilliant CMS .
Trabis is very important for the sake of XOOPS. I should say you make him nervous.

I can see many good things in Xoops 2.6 happens that we are waiting for a long time (except of extensions), so i should thank all xoops community and especially core team for that.

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits