RamteamJax
How to install Xoops Backup on different domain ?
  • 2012/10/15 8:52

• RamteamJax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/6/17

Hey there.

We are running a small gaming community and I've always managed it on my own company website using a subdomain.

I have registered a new domainname now including hosting and I want to operate the entire website from there..

But now there's a problem. At least, I think and I hope it can be solved quickly.
I kind of need the space on my company domain ...

Please read carefully what I have done and after that tried !! Thanks.

Here it goes:
- I made a backup from the entire xoops installation and database via DirectAdmin at my host.
- I downloaded the backup to one of my many harddrives.
- I installed the new Xoops via DirectAdmin on the new host/domain. Checked to see whether it worked. Worked fine.
- Unpacked the backup from the old domain and uploaded it to the root of the new domain (Click here). Here's where I noticed the first issue. Ofcourse, I thought .. had to set the new domain+path in the proper files. Did that and the errorpage disappeared and the site came up.
- Went into the "preferences" menu. Set the default style to the one I'm using (a heavily modified (graphically) version of XT-Game). Here's where I saw the first issue. It wouldn't let me set xt-game as the default theme.
- Hit the maintenance button and did the usual thing there (that what everyone does and advices). Nothing happened. So I went into the database itself via D/A and set it there. Now the theme shows up.

I edited several files which contained the old link+path to the new/proper link+path. Everything seems to work, like links 'n stuff.

But now the harsh issue.

By making a backup and downloading it to my computer, unpacking it and uploading it to the new domain (and setting all the paths/links straight), it makes me think/believe and/or it convinces me that there's nothing more to be done.

But as I see now, I have to re-redo the entire forum, all the blocks (I had like 20'ish blocks set up .. or even more), and other pages.

What action do I need to perform to get the blocks, pages and more to work properly ? I don't really have thát much time on hand as a family-man and my extremely busy company.

I hope you can help me with some guidelines.

Please dó read my steps ! I've tried a lot already !

Thanks in advance.
Cheers, Jax

noo-b
Re: How to install Xoops Backup on different domain ?
  • 2012/10/16 5:45

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

try check whether

- did your db backup of backup all datas ?check if your old data is in the new database you have restore ?
- make sure database info in xoops_data/data/secure.php is correct
-

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits