deka87
Emotional captcha
  • 2012/10/7 12:42

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

Civil rights defenders from Sweden suggested a new way to spread information about violation of civil rights that also helps protect from bad rigistrations avoiding entering unreadable words.

Their captcha looks like this :

Resized Image

One will have to read the question and tell the captcha how he feels about it.

You can download the lybrary from the Google code here and implement it like this :

require_once('CRCphplib.php');
$crccaptcha = new civilrightscaptcha();
$crccaptcha->show();

Live example :http://barntarnst.com/crccaptcha/example/crccaptcha_example.php

Deka

Anonymous
Re: Emotional captcha
  • 2012/10/7 15:29

• Anonymous

• Since:

I saw this captcha earlier this day and was wondering how to use it with xoops. Is implementing it as simple as adding your code to the submit script?

Mamba
  • 2012/10/7 16:08

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

What is missing is the server part, i.e. you have to use the questions/answers from them, which limits the use.

If we would have the server part, then Admin could customize the questions/answers, and this would be more fun. For example, a site dedicated to sailing could ask questions about sailing.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Anonymous
  • 2012/10/7 18:43

• Anonymous

• Since:

Having a captcha system with questions taylored to your site is a great idea Michael. Altough using this civil rights captcha is a nice statement too!

Peekay
  • 2012/10/8 12:33

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

How can someone dictate that there's a 'right' way to feel about something? I am astonished that a site operator would refuse access to a website or submission of a form because a user's personal opinion about an issue was different than theirs.

You can respond to my post by entering the right emotion in the captcha:

a) Peekay is right. b) Peekay is wrong.

Guess which answer will allow you to post

Mamba
  • 2012/10/8 13:04

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
a) Peekay is right. b) Peekay is wrong.

That was easy! "Peekay is always right!"

Did I pass?

But seriously, that was my concern too in my previous post. I like the idea of questions tailored to a particular Website, but we would need the "server" code, to be able to modify it.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Anonymous
  • 2012/10/8 19:31

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
I am astonished that a site operator would refuse access to a website or submission of a form because a user's personal opinion about an issue was different than theirs.

In general I agree with you Mamba and Peekay. This kind of opinion captcha is nice for in crowd sites only... But nevertheless, asking simple questions about the site subject is a nice idea, and it's up to the webmaster how to use this kind of captcha. When having a local Dutch speaking site it makes sense to block foreign spammers by asking the answer to a simple question only Dutch foreigners can answer.

zyspec
  • 2012/10/8 20:34

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

I would tend to agree with Peekay and Mamba. In it's current form it feels like my right to express my opinion has been taken away...

I believe the way this code should work is that you must select one of the three options, not that one of them is 'correct'...

To answer the original question - it's relatively easy to create a class to extend the XOOPS CAPTCHA class. I have a working 'hack' for XOOPS 2.5.5 that will allow you to use this if you want... Just send me a PM and I'll send it to you.

By the way, this CAPTCHA is currently only supported in english and swedish by the civil rights defenders team...

irmtfan
  • 2012/10/9 5:23

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

but we would need the "server" code, to be able to modify it.

Xoops Profile Module has not "conditional" feature.
eg: if field 1 is "Bla" then "do this"

After adding this feature to profile module we can open many doors like this captcha.
we can create custom fields for question and answers and much more.
I said the urgent need for above feature in the last 8 years.

Amrincus
  • 2012/10/14 9:21

• Amrincus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/10/14

Woah, I've just known about this type of captcha.

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits