RamteamJax
Xoops-clanpage runs slow, however xoop-companysite works like a charm..
  • 2012/8/8 11:08

• RamteamJax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/6/17

Hey there,

I've got some issues regarding xoops.

I run two Xoops site on my own domain and I got some emails from the people in our gaming community / clan that the clanpage runs terribly slow.

First I thought it was because of the Dot.tk domain extension I used for it (www.ramteam.tk), but even when using the real domain+path (http://digi-fish.nl/ramteam) it loads slow sometimes.

This only occurs however, when I (the people who emailed me about it do it like this too) start up my browser. The page set to open, is the clan website. I use the full path (digi-fish one), others use the ramteam.tk one.

I tested it on all my computers (we got 3 computers in the house, and 14 at the office (which is in the stone shed which is part of our house since last week hehe).

Now, we've got 2 internet connections here. One for private use, one for my company. Company connection is 500mbit fiberoptics, private connection is 30mbit adsl. On both connections, no matter what computer I use, the site runs slow, when starting up a browser.

I've installed the following browsers on several computers:
- Chrome (default brws)
- Firefox
- Opera
- Internet Expl

When I start up the browser, it keeps on loading and loading and loading ... When I highlight the link in the address bar and click enter, it loads up directly.

Wonder if anyone can tell me the issue here and the solution (if there is any).

On the same domain (www.digi-fish.nl) I'm running our company website (currently closed during the summer holiday).

This website is in the website-startup-list as well, but this one loads up directly.
I've installed basically the same modules as for the clanpage, however the clanpage has one other module (namely the Teamspeak3 one).

First I thought that thát should be it, but when I turn on my iMac and load up Chrome, it shows both Xoops pages (company site and clan site) directly.

So I'm kind of lost here.
Hope you can help me out.

Cheers,
Me

playsome
Re: Xoops-clanpage runs slow, however xoop-companysite works like a charm..
  • 2012/8/8 11:27

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Hi,

there could be many issues causing your site to load slowly, there probably not related to xoops though but you could compare what modules you have installed on both sites, also make sure you use module wide and block level caching and make sure in preferences you have check templates for modifications set to no.

I run your clan site through page speed online and it got 81/100

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights#url=www.ramteam.tk&mobile=false

this score is actually pretty good so it would seem there is no persistent speed issues with your site.

Look through the suggestions on the page speed site and see if you can implement any, good ones to implement are usally optimizing images, combining small images into sprites, etc.

It could be that at the time when users found your site slow, there could have been intermittent server or network issues.

Hope this helps

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits