deka87
Re: Newbb 4.3
  • 2012/8/5 13:28

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

irmtfan,

the search is fixed, thanks!

as in regard to the redirect page, it's not fixed yet. I did follow the upgrade instructions, and replaced all the templates in my theme too but I still have the issue. I also want to point out that here on xoops.org we have the same issue when making a reply or starting a new topic.

Nick_James

How do I set the 'Options' in NewBB 4.3

- So that unused options do not show.
- So that needed options are automatically checked.

Mamba
  • 2012/8/5 20:24

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

You set both in the xoops_version.php:

- comment out those options that you don't want to show
- set defaults to the values that you want

But you'll need to do it everytime you update newBB to a new version.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

irmtfan
  • 2012/8/6 7:28

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

I removed more hardcodes in newbb 4.3 and It is now even cleaner than XOOPS 2.5.5 :d

Please download the newest version(rev.9992):
http://www.jadoogaran.org/test255/modules/newbb43_rev9883_irmtfan_2012_08_06.zip

changelog for rev.9992 start from the last official rev.9883:
Changelog from rev.9883
date
2012-08-06
================================================
1hardcode fixusing header php command instead of redirect_header XOOPS function (deka87/irmtfan)
in newbb/search.php
(Also hardcoded in latest core in xoops2.5.5/htdocs/search.php)

2hardcode fixicon_path smarty variable was hardcoded in viewtopic and viewpost and is not defined in class/forum.php  (irmtfan)
in newbb/viewtopic.phpnewbb/viewpost.phpnewbb/class/forum.php

hardcode icons and some hardcodes has been solved in templates:
in newbb/templates/newbb_thread.htmlnewbb/templates/newbb_index.htmlnewbb/templates/newbb_viewforum_subforum.html

add readme.txt
in docs
/readme.txt

date
2012-08-04
1bug fixederror in newbb/polls.php when the strtotime is not defined in XoopsLocal class (irmtfan)
solutionreplace XoopsLocal::strtotime($end_timeby method_exists('XoopsLocal''strtotime') ? XoopsLocal::strtotime($end_time) : strtotime($end_time)
in newbb/polls.php
more hardcodes in newbb/templates has been removed

date
2012-08-01
1localizationinput date localized (for other date systems like hegiraby replacing strtotime by XoopsLocal::strtotime
in newbb
/polls.php

customization&localizationnewbb style.css is fully localized and customized and is not hard-coded anymore.
in newbb/header.php
file changes

-- 
deleted newbb/templates/style.css
-- added   newbb/templates/images/language/english/style.css
-- added   newbb/templates/images/language/persian/style.css
priorities
:
if 
exist in themes/YOUR_THEME/modules/newbb/images/language/YOUR_LANG/style.css take it
else if exist in themes/default/modules/newbb/images/language/YOUR_LANG/style.css take it
else if exist in modules/newbb/templates/images/language/YOUR_LANG/style.css take it
else if exist in modules/newbb/templates/images/language/english/style.css take it
else if exist in modules/newbb/templates/style.css take it (for backward compatibility)

3many hardcodes in newbb/templates and style.css has been removed

date
2012-07-30
1bug fixedit not displayed when the reason is not filled (irmtfan)
2bug fixonly the last edit is recorded. (irmtfan/alfred)
in newbb/class/post.php
bug fix'noapprove' permission incorrectly recorded in database. (irmtfan)
in newbb/class/permission.php
bug fixload user ranks has been hardcodedit works in old/upgraded websites but not works in new installed websitesnew getting rank introduced. (black_beard/irmtfan)
in newbb/class/user.phpnewbb/templates/newbb_thread.html
minor bug fixmysql 5.1 was incorrectly needed (irmtfan)
in newbb/xoops_version.php
hardcodesome style.css color hardcodes has been removed. (irmtfan)
in newbb/templates/style.css
feature addedtext links instead of buttons. (deka87/irmtfan)
in newbb/class/icon.php newbb/include/functions.render.php newbb/include/plugin.php

Also i update the SVN:
(rev.9992)
http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsModules/newbb/branches/irmtfan/newbb

Yurdal:
I checked your icons and they are visually better but their sizes are large than the original icons. could you reduce their sizes?

deka87:
Quote:

I also want to point out that here on xoops.org we have the same issue when making a reply or starting a new topic.

You are wrongly think this is the issue in xoops.org but i should tell you that the webmaster of this website (Mamba) intentionally set this redirect method to the old default redirect.
You can see the redirect in comments is also old redirect.

from the above i think you didnt set the redirect to jQuery?
in system -> preferences -> general setting -> replace old redirection by jGrowl redirection -> YES

if you already set it to yes i have another question from you.
Is that work in your whole website and only it is not work in newbb?
i mean when you submitting comments or login could you see the jQuery redirect?

If you only have this problem in newbb module we can continue debug this issue.

Nick_James:
IMO doing those hacks in xoops_version.php that Mamba suggest are risky and it should be done by a experienced webmaster who is completely familiar with XOOPS API, php and mysql

Also i should explain this Mamba sentence:
Quote:

But you'll need to do it everytime you update newBB to a new version.

mamba means if you hack your old xoops_version.php you have to hack again the new xoops_version.php every time you update newbb.
it means if you dont touch xoops_version.php all your old settings in preferences will be as before in any update.
eg: sub forums display mode will not changed after upgrade from 3.08 to 4.3

But obviously new settings (eg: settings that are not exist in 3.08 but introduced in 4.3) will be set by the default values in xoops_version.php

Anyway IMO setting the preferences options just take 5 minutes for any webmaster so do not bother yourself by hacking module files.

filpse:
is your problem solved with the attachment? I mean they should be shown to anonymous by setting in the preferences.

Cesag:
I dont know whether your problem with attachments is solved or not.

Mamba:
I also dont know the xoops.org issue with the templates has been solved or not?

Mamba
  • 2012/8/6 8:10

• Mamba

Quote:
I also dont know the xoops.org issue with the templates has been solved or not?

No, no time for it yet. I'm right now heads down testing/fixing various modules that will go into Basic Module Pack.

Now that we're "Project of the Month" on SourceForge, we really need to finalize the Basic Module Pack, so people can install it and experience XOOPS from the best side.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

irmtfan
  • 2012/8/6 10:53

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

ok, no problem
IMO the basic module pack is more important. especially the content module has the highest priority.
Anyway I think xoops.org forums look is also important for new visitors.
And solving it is not time consuming. just delete/rename "newbb" folder (old templates) located in themes/wox/modules/newbb

Im almost finish remove hardcodes from this newbb version.
just minor typos left here and there.
Now im waiting for more testers.
If we can find more testers we can reach to the final version very soon.
btw, IMO now this newbb module is more stable than many current stable modules in xoops.

Just another set of images are hardcoded that i need to know your opinion before touching it.
Now "Message Icons" are read from root/images/subject/ and they are really outdated and boring.
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image

I can change it so that it will be read from newbb/templates/images/subject
but i need to know whether it is good because these Icons are also used in some other places like comments.
ones i customized it for newbb, there would be 2 places for "Message Icons" one in xoops root and one in newbb module.
is this good?

Mamba
  • 2012/8/6 10:59

• Mamba

Quote:
Now "Message Icons" are read from root/images/subject/

I would leave the link to that directory, and provide optional icons that could be uploaded there by the user.

This way, all modules using them, will have the same icons, otherwise, NewBB will have them different from PM, which is not promoting consistency.

Our goal should be to have one central location for all images, so if they are changed by the user, all modules will look the same.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

irmtfan
  • 2012/8/6 11:21

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

Quote:

which is not promoting consistency

Yeah, thats the word i should add to my english dictionary.
I like it and i dont want to break it.

Quote:

I would leave the link to that directory, and provide optional icons that could be uploaded there by the user.

IMO no need for a separate uploader there.
we just need to customize it for each theme.
customization should be theme wise. (i mean based on each theme)
then user do not need to upload images everywhere and just need to focus to his/her themes/THE_THEME folder.
IMO it should be the rule for future customization.
then core team can provide an uploader extension so that certain groups has the right to upload certain mimetypes like images to themes folder.
IMO it should come from the xoops core because as you stated that subject directory is belong to the xoops core
i sent a high priority request in this field for adding the newbb icon class to the core.
then all images/icons can be customized for each theme one by one.

Mamba
  • 2012/8/6 11:38

• Mamba

Quote:
we just need to customize it for each theme.
customization should be theme wise. (i mean based on each theme)
IMO it should come from the xoops core because as you stated that subject directory is belong to the xoops core

I agree. I hope, the Core team will address it in XOOPS 2.6.0.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

deka87
  • 2012/8/6 11:58

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

irtmfan, I see what you mean. The redirection is set to jquery in my preferences and it works alright in other modules. When I edit a topic or delete one in newbb, the redirection is still jQuery, however when I start a new topic or when I reply one (both via full reply form or fast reply) I get to an old style redirection page.

PS : for your convenience I've uploaded a short video (sorry for the quality).

(here is a link if the video below doesn't work)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Trs_SkVN8&feature=youtu.be

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits