tomfoley
Re: Profile 1.78 - Tom Foley's Social Networks Edition
  • 2012/6/11 21:34

• tomfoley

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/3/26

Quote:

wishcraft wrote:

Just googling the name 'tom foley' there is a few of you, so when you work out between you which one has the rights to the name get back to me, but I could probably offer you a cup of tea and a chat... It was after someone on the XOOPS Group requested social network capabilities.

It was meant with tongue firmly in cheek, I'm just happy you're devoting time to adding new and useful features.

timgno
  • 2012/6/12 12:27

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

I think if you go ahead with the versions of this module, you should take as the basic module of the latest version of xoops

Anonymous
  • 2012/6/12 17:34

• Anonymous

• Since:

I dunno about that Timgno. Simons extended profile module is very nice but could be hard to handle for novice webmasters. I would suggest to maintain a standard as well as this extended version.

Changing names would be a good one, this extended version now can only be identified by a higher version number, while some functions are still not working. This could be confusing... Please advertise it as "extended profile module" or something similar.

timgno
  • 2012/6/12 18:01

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

See these images:

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Mamba
  • 2012/6/12 19:26

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Instead of the automatically generated standard module tabs by using in xoops_version.php:

$modversion['system_menu'] =  1

Simon created his own menu tabs, which then makes it less consistent with other modules.

I hope, he'll remove this, and in the next version will use the standard menu tabs, which actually will save him time.

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

wishcraft

Quote:
Simon created his own menu tabs, which then makes it less consistent with other modules.

Thats not actually correct michael, they are the orginal tabs from profile before the system_menu option was added in. But I aggree I will change this in the next version.

timgno: Could u please remember when your making a bug report to also put them here; each screen capture would go as an issue...http://code.google.com/p/chronolabs/issues/list

flipse:
Quote:

Simons extended profile module is very nice but could be hard to handle for novice webmasters. I would suggest to maintain a standard as well as this extended version.

These are all features i have been paid to add for clients of xoops.org; I wouldn't really call it extended only options that people forgot to write in.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

wishcraft
Download: Profile 1.79 - Tom Foley's Social Networks Edition

Profile 1.79 - Tom Foley Social Network Edition (Fixed) -

Download:http://code.google.com/p/chronolabs/downloads/detail?name=xoops2.5_profile_1.79.zip

Changes:
  • oAuth Server Finished
  • Facebook Connector fixed
  • Language issues
  • other minor fixes
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

Mazarin
  • 2012/6/19 16:17

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

Tried it out and it looks very promising, but a few things:
- The puzzle (I assume the re-captcha?) for new registration doesn't show, so you can't register. You get Input error: Invalid referer
- Would anyone be willing to make a very short tutorial on how to set up a site to log in with Facebook? I haven't done anything like that before and I'm sure I'm not the only one
- I agree with Flipse that all the features can be intimidating to the "casual" webmaster, but maybe this could be solved by changing the interface slightly so there is a simple and an advanced version (or something similar)?

tomfoley
  • 2012/6/19 20:11

• tomfoley

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/3/26

I intend to document these features. They are also useful to me. They are almost there thanks to Simon. I'm no coder but I can offer to document. Wasted years working Tech Support! So if I can pick Simon's brain I hope I can capture the knowledge and ensure lots of people can benefit.

Mamba
  • 2012/6/19 20:43

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I'm no coder but I can offer to document.

Please do! We're always looking for people who can document, and your experience in Tech Support will ensure that you'll make the concepts easy to understand.

But don't stop there with this module! We need help with other modules as well
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits