redheadedrod
Re: xRoster 2.3.0 on Xoops 2.5.4

With school finishing for the summer I will be starting this up. I will be working on the new Install system more but when I need a break I will start working on this. I will do a "full" blue move with this and fully document.

I am still deciding on a new system but I am also going to convert this over to a Library system as well. I have briefly mentioned this "library of functions" elsewhere before but xRoster will be my first attempt to do this.

For more information about the "Blue Move Library System" I will reuse an old thread...

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=20&topic_id=73281&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

redheadedrod

So I am clear at this point.. With xroster I will be looking to improve this version to include the things I added into my custom version as well as any other features mentioned in this thread.

I have also mentioned before that I wanted to work on some new innovations that I plan to move to Profile. I will be working on a system for plugins to be used for the datatypes. This will allow new datatypes to be of ANY type. Thus allowing inclusion of ANY data into a users xroster profile by simply including a plugin for the datatype.

If you look at the simple system Profile already uses think of this as a step beyond that as the datatype will be totally open for use by ANY module or anything you can think up. All you need to do is include a plugin for it.

I may also play around with a display system that is totally modular. So that you can make a profile look any way you want to without having to tinker with the templates directly. Similar to the drag and drop system in the admin module but more similar to the MySpace 2.0 profiles if anyone remembers those things.

I will be using xroster as a test bed for innovations to be included in a new Profile system so think of this as mostly a "profile lite" that can contain users not on your system. Useful for Team rosters or anything else that contain a list of profiles of people that may or may not be on your site. However if they ARE on your site they can edit their own profiles otherwise someone with moderator rights will have to enter in all profile information. In MY version I also include a signup system for new players to include their information for a coach or someone else to look at and approve or deny.

Ps... I like to work on 2 projects at a time and bounce between them. When I complete the install system I will be replacing THAT project with a new file download project.. When I am done with THIS project I will move onto the next "blue move Library system" project.
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Shine
  • 2012/6/18 22:35

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

What is the status of this project you took on? @ redheadedrod

redheadedrod

I had a setback while working on the Install script. After a few hours of trying to get the install script working on my laptop and not being successful I decided to drop that project on my laptop and only work on it at home. I will be starting on the xRoster project likely next week. I expect xRoster to take a while because I will be documenting the changes I make to it and making a tutorial for it.

As I have mentioned elsewhere I plan to document ALL changes I am making to it to make it more recent.

With this I will be testing out new "technologies" that I hope to roll into a new Profile module.

Plug in system for the data types...
(Working out the bugs with plugins with the intent of having a variety of different types of plugins for a new Profile module. I am looking at xRoster as being a sort of Profile lite that will be usable for many functions. The intent is to eventually create a profile module that uses multiple types of plugins to allow someone like Wishcraft to add MANY items to Profile without having to change profile its self.)

Move to blue by using Xoops API functions, 2.5.5 admin class, changing the structure to be similar to other modules, Create classes for the module that will allow me to evolve this module into the Library system and the Universal module system down the road once I have those built.

And as I mentioned, I will be totally documenting these as I go with the intent of making a long tutorial new developers can use to do the same to their modules.

I have a design in my head to build a totally flexible display template as well. This is similar to the old Myspace "second" profile setup if anyone remembers that system..

So I have my work cut out for me here. But should be fun... I will likely release major updates as I move this through.

Anonymous
  • 2012/6/19 9:20

• Anonymous

• Since:

Any other module can list the members of the club/group like xroster ?

Mamba
  • 2012/6/19 10:40

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

You can try the "Team" module from BitC3r0.

But you'll need RMCommon

Both in Beta, so they are not for a production site.

You can also take a look at the Team module from Mith
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

Bump...

I will be addressing this module this summer and will be combining the building of this with Profile. More information to be forthcoming.

My intent is to make xroster and profile very similar but to serve different purposes of which both are important to xoops.

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits