• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

Any news?

Mamba
Re: XOOPS 2.5.x Translations using Transifex
  • 2012/5/27 9:49

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Unfortunately not - DCrussader is absent.

I've sent him couple of emails, but didn't hear back from him

If I don't hear from him in couple of weeks, I'll look into it in more detail.

I did look into it couple of weeks ago, downloaded the files using the client, but it seemed like I would have to rename all the files manually, which was too time consuming. I was hoping that he has a process that would do it automatically, but didn't hear back from him.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

irmtfan
  • 2012/5/28 5:45

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

you mean you can not download the whole language files as a tar ball with their names?
it is a weak point of transifex.

Mamba
  • 2012/5/28 9:37

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I'm waiting for DCrussader, and if I don't hear from him, I'll investigate in more detail. My first approach using the client didn't create the right names for the files, but it's very much possible that I didn't use the correct way for it.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

DCrussader

Sorry for being absent last 2 weeks, but removing teeth (a thing which i should do ages ago, all of them).

Preparing Swedish translation right now... till i'm not on painkillers...

Using TX client will work maybe in 2.6/2.7 of XOOPS, when files as amount are downed to 2 max. Eg. /language/*.PHP - into one English.php. Install/language/English.php (like in XOOSLA (hopefully is not banned yet). Modules/module-name/language/admin.php and site.php, and/or if XOOPS adopt J! INI files, since POTs are double work. In that way could work.

Currently applies fine for J! language files (except core), Drupal .POT files, bcz you have to fetch one file per module, 1 for the core as whole (no matter, is it installation, administration or front-end part).

J! files looks like for extensions:
com_extension-name.ini - main file
com_extension-name.sys.ini - administration shortcuts - eg, create categories, topics, files etc. depend on the extension. Here can be:
mod_module-name.ini/php
mod_module-name-admin.ini/php

core files for the CMS looks in the same way, just they're thousands - per part of the cms, and to be avoided duplicated file names, should be used brackets or translators to separate them in to two projects.

Drupal have one file only (including all modules coming with the distribution), once is installed, everyone can use the build-in translation tool which is awfully done, or to extract English language as something.pot and to upload it there.

While we have more then one admin.php - TX client will download them as mess, and someone have to rename. So better, click and download. 2.5 core is still smaller, compared to 2.0.18.

Now every module-name-language, starts with name of the module in brackets bcz TX categories are.... pseudo tags.

sv_SE -https://sourceforge.net/projects/gtlt/files/XOOPS/sv_SE/?
most translations are still on 99%

To sv_SE translation team, manually u should add, if u want it full:

/language/xoopsdhtmleditor.php - or something like that which contains several multiple PHP arrays, still not supported by TX
/install/finish and welcome.php - they're not XOOPS PHP Define files
/per-directory/mail_templates - those should be moved to SQL with option to be changed from core/module
/per-directory/help - which should be removed from distribution and linked to help.xoops.org or wiki.xoops.org
/xoops-lib/protector - protector files are non-XOOPS PHP define files.

What's this [*/] crap added to end of my posts.... NVM.

For those planing to use old translations done for XOOPS prior 2.5.5 and TX, all language files must be encoded to UTF-8 (can be done easy with NotePad +) - Open all, convert all to UTF-8 (not UTF-8 without BOM), save all.

For those planing to loose time with Chronolabs modules onhttps://www.transifex.net/projects/p/xoops-mods-i18n/ - they're probably will be removed, since they're maintainer not pay any attention to the discovered bugs with ported modules such as MyAlbum-P by GiJoe or/and any old 2.0.x module not converted by Mamba and tagged Blue-Move. Just need confirmation from someone from devs, Mamba and they will gone.

Quote:

you mean you can not download the whole language files as a tar ball with their names?
it is a weak point of transifex.

Nope and even if such option is added in future, will not apply to current core.
Why? Described above.

Quote:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xoops/files/XOOPS%20Core%20Translations/XOOPS%202.5.x%20Language%20Files/

6.4 MB translation ?
This folder should be renamed to Localized Distributions, not 2.5.x translations....
May The Source Be With You!

Mazarin
  • 2012/5/28 19:41

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

Thanks DCrussader!

However, there seems to be an error in the language files, where \ is transformed to \\, causing WSOD. It's easily fixed with a replace in files, but migh be worth looking iinto if it's only the SE file or something systematic.

DCrussader

Does sv_SE alphabet contains strange symbols like Germany o with 2 dots above ? And current translation is based on non-UTF-8 ?

If sv_SE uses apostrophe like English ...let see "Someone's thing" - this should be fixed in next release of XOOPS English files, and xxx's to be replaced with .....err, there was a symbol in old days with PHPNuke.

But and can be and server-side bug
http://www.joomlapolis.com/forum/27-cb-newbies/12988-adding-an-apostrophe--to-the-language-file?limit=6&start=6#16276

More specific reading on:
Magic quotes
magic_quotes_gpc    
=    On     magic quotes for incoming GET/POST/Cookie data
magic_quotes_runtime
=    Off     magic quotes for runtime-generated datae.gdata from SQLfrom exec(), etc.
magic_quotes_sybase    =    Off     ; Use Sybase-style magic quotes (escape ' with '' instead of ')

Mazarin
  • 2012/5/30 10:29

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

Yes, sv_SE does contain such characters (åäö), but the current translation is based on UTF-8 and the extra backslashes were not anywhere near those characters. Also, in Swedish you don't use apostrophes in general.

DCrussader

Could be a host problem, I did not noticed any problems with 2.5.4 Bulgarian/Croatian & English (converted files). Was testing multi-lingual feature will it for the needs of one of my clients.. unfortunately later was dropped - just bcz XOOPS is still lacking of some important modules. Otherwise there wasn't any problems with displaying content written in serbian with comments in Cyrillic.

Does this translation is done from scratch, or was based on old ISO files ?
I've did conversion to my files, and to some English files from modules released under blue-move sub-forum here.

During the alpha stages on TX, was possible to upload ISO language files - now is impossible, but when was possible, the result was mess...

@Mamba - From all 100% completed translations, which do u have ?
...and there was report (but bcz I'm using RMCommon by default have no idea, where from comes)
When the administrator is logged on site, with Zeta..blah theme as site and administrative, on front-end of the site, the bottom line with shortcuts to administration is not in Bulgarian, where those strings are located, or they're hardcoded into module/core ?

DCrussader

Hmm, looks that there is not much activity, but here is a tool, written by MadFish from banned CMS community, for ICMS Modules on Transifex.
For easy way to download/upload language files from/to TX platform.

Download -http://library.isengard.biz/scripts/transifex/transifex.zip
Both must run from the /modules directory.

The forward one copies all your module language files into a /modules/transifex folderrenamed following the module-language-filename.php convention.

The reverse one looks for /modules/transifex directoryrestores the file names and copies them back out the the relevant modules and translation directories.

Wondering ....when both communities will shake hands and stop playing like kids.... this banned, that banned... bull-craps.

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits