Mamba
Re: XOOPS Basic Module Pack RC coming soon for testing & feedback
  • 2012/5/8 8:18

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Personally I think the "Basic Module pack" is becoming more a "Module compatibility" pack than what Mamba originally intended.

OK, these the differences:

1) Core Pack: modules coming with the Core. Currently these are: Protector, Profile, PM. For XOOPS 2.6.0 I hope we'll add "Content" and "Contact" functionality (modules to be selected).

2) Basic Module Pack: most popular modules that are pretty much covering needs for most standard Websites - hopefully to be finalized in the next couple of weeks.

3) Specialized Module Packs (e.g. Community, Intranet, Corporate, eCommerce) - based on the Basic Module Pack with some extra modules.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Shine
Re: XOOPS Basic Module Pack RC coming soon for testing & feedback
  • 2012/5/8 8:46

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

OK, what is the purpose of a basic module pack? To my opinion if a user download xoops, he/she can install basic modules to run a basic website.
To my opinion and knowledge a basic website 80% contains:
- News
- Content
- Links
- Download
- Contact
- Forum

With these basic bugfree compatible modules a user can create his (hers) first startoff website.
These basic modules were also the basic modules Xoops 'once upon a time' added with the core as a starting point for new users. It was a good, simple but very functional module package.

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits