bjuti
Re: SEO of a XOOPS Theme & Core
  • 2012/4/25 9:11

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

What if I have unique meta description for every page? It's better for every page to have it I think.

wishcraft

Still it is upto you btuji,

Quote:

What if I have unique meta description for every page? It's better for every page to have it I think.

You could always use the unique descriptions for keywords for the page, there is a part to uncomment in the antistuffing preloader, it just means the only thing that is being searched in the search engines is the meta description, not the physical content on the page, which is what this means if you leave description in the meta tag on all pages.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

bjuti
  • 2012/4/25 10:08

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

AFAIK Google use meta description when the page is new, but later he read and index whole page changing SERP results.

wishcraft

Well bjuti, first up I would like to bring this article to mind even though i haven't smoked in yearshttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/anthony-papa/richard-branson-white-house_b_1354446.html and the next artical is the top result of wikipedia encyclopedia on SERP, thanks for bringing it up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_results_page
Quote:

A search engine results pages (SERP), is the listing of web pages returned by a search engine in response to a keyword query. The results normally include a list of web pages with titles, a link to the page, and a short description showing where the Keywords have matched content within the page. A SERP may refer to a single page of links returned, or to the set of all links returned for a search query.

As you can see the SERP result "short description showing where the Keywords have matched content within the page" as you can see this sentence describes the processes of the meta tags, this one sentence discusses the description node. You can believe what you want but I present your psychedelic gumby award.

If you have a description meta this is consider the 'content within the page' for the site whether the page is new or not, that is the purpose of the element, remember when HTML this feature was made we only had at the most 64Kbs or 9600 buad dial up modems, but it function in HTML Still remains. If you wanr rhe content on the page searchable at any time, you remove the tag.

I must say 5meoDIPT from france at 15mg in a milligram spoon is all i had, I need not to make your pride well so, but the cactus i cooked last week was wikkid, 7% mesciline and some nice tryptamines, I also publish as _anon_ at the cognitive liberty site.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

bjuti
  • 2012/4/25 15:17

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

Yeah, but chech out this.

Quote:

Which Meta Tags Should You Use?

For Google adding the Description Meta Tag won’t result in a boost in the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs), but the description might be used for the description for your SERP listings in Google. So though you won’t get a ranking boost, if your write an interesting Description Meta Tag and Google uses it (not guaranteed), you might get a higher click through rate compared to a random snippet of text from your pages. All other meta tags (including the Keywords Meta Tag) are either completely ignored or won’t result in a SERPs boost.

Yahoo says they use the Keyword Meta Tag when it ranks a page. So it makes sense to add one for Yahoo and any other minor search engines that still use. Also there are directories and other websites that automatically take this information to create a listing to your site. Don’t fret over it though, add the main phrase for that page to the Keywords Meta Tag and user friendly description of the page to the Description Meta Tag and forget about it.

And this:
http://www.quora.com/Why-and-when-has-Google-abandoned-displaying-a-pages-meta-title-when-that-page-appears-in-a-SERP

Tough times :)

darrelldavis

Also, look here
searchenginewatch.com/article/2067564/How-To-Use-HTML-Meta-Tags

timgno
  • 2012/4/26 8:10

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

I have reason to know that ForMuss is already working on this project

timgno
  • 2012/4/27 10:31

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

At this time, just bing, captures the links which are SEO optimized, other engines, including google, pick any links including dynamic

http://it.bing.com/search?q=site:www.txmodxoops.org

mkstop
  • 2012/4/27 11:18

• mkstop

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/4/27

It good SEO practice to have different meta description, tags and Title for each page. Even Google web master tool suggests the same. This will be appear on the HTML suggestions section.

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits