redheadedrod
Re: EXTGallery Upload Error

Quote:

dbman wrote:
This applet is an open source project available here:
http://jupload.sourceforge.net/

Thanks!! I will look into it this weekend and see if I can figure out anything.

I will try to use what is already there as it appeared that there is a much newer version.

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Cifug
  • 2011/12/16 13:11

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/12/13

Quote:
redheadedrod wrote:
Thanks!! I will look into it this weekend and see if I can figure out anything.

I will try to use what is already there as it appeared that there is a much newer version.

Thanks mate any help is very cool...I really like this module. Also, good luck with your Java course :)

Cheers,
Marty.

Cifug
  • 2011/12/16 14:04

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Also, is there anyway I can upload pics from my iPhone? Or is this not possible?

Marty.

redheadedrod

If you have Java of sufficient version to be compatible with your Iphone then it should work fine. Otherwise if Java is not available then the answer would be no.

Java is a computer independent solution for programs but in order for it to work for you there needs to be a version compatible with your phone.

I believe there are versions for Linux, Windows and Mac so it is likely. I believe Android can do Java since it is Linux based. But I have not tried it so can't tell you for sure.

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

dbman
  • 2011/12/17 1:58

• dbman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/4/28

You wont be able to batch upload using the upload applet from your iPhone. Unfortunately iOS 4 or 5 don't support java yet, it may be possible to cross compile the applet to iOS's native runtime object-c.

redheadedrod

Again, thanks dbman, I will be looking through the code and try to see how they are calling this applet. I will try to see if the latest version is compatible and go from there.

After a brief peek there is debugging information available so I should be able to do something to try figuring out why this doesn't work consistently. Might be as easy as upgrading the applet and/or calling it differently.

At this point I am not a Java programmer but looks like I should be able to debug what is going on with this and with help from those who have had issues with this figure it out hopefully.

Then I will forward what I find so the SVN can be updated.

Cifug
  • 2011/12/17 6:10

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Quote:

dbman wrote:
You wont be able to batch upload using the upload applet from your iPhone. Unfortunately iOS 4 or 5 don't support java yet, it may be possible to cross compile the applet to iOS's native runtime object-c.

What about even just single pic upload?...I tried using the standard upload form and the upload button is greyed out and not available on my iPhone.

Cheers,
Marty.

dbman
  • 2011/12/17 13:57

• dbman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/4/28

The upload form would need to use ASIHTTPRequest to do this from iOS. Check the documentation here:
http://allseeing-i.com/ASIHTTPRequest/

Mamba
  • 2011/12/17 14:45

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

The good news - the original author, Zoullou is back with us, and started to work on adding ajax/flash uploader to replace the java applet and allow multi-file upload. Just keep eye on his new SVN branch that he just started today...

It should be available soon for testing...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

You can also try the latest app as well. I installed the latest App and you can't tell a difference in how it looks. However it is at version 5.0.7 while the version we have looks to be 3.5. There were alot of bug fixes listed in the change log so it would be worth a look.

The link for the files to download is here.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jupload/files/

When you decompress the latest version you want to look for the file site/wjhk.jupload.jar

Take this and put it into your host directory modules/extgallery/include/applet overwriting the current file of the same name.

I was able to do this and it worked fine for me.

At this point I will not work on this further. Try upgrading the app and if that doesn't work you will need to wait for the version being worked on as mentioned by Mamba.

Rodney

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits