• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2010/4/13

How do use online block to boox module?

Mamba
Re: boox module
  • 2011/12/12 10:34

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

If you mean by "online" blocks regular XOOPS blocks, then you can not use them with Boox.

As explained in the Boox Announcement, Boox is designed for stand-alone blocks that are saved in files, and which you can include in your theme.

Over there, there are also some very useful comments about the usage of this module.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Peekay
Re: boox module
  • 2011/12/12 12:14

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Boox is great, especially if you want to give your clients a way to edit blocks without giving them block admin rights, you just need to give them admin rights for Boox.

By default, Boox block content is stored in a file in the Xoops uploads folder. This file has the same name as the Boox block title, e.g. 'welcomeblock' (no file extension). The file can store any HTML code entered using the editor.

You can easily use Boox in a regular Xoops block, simply by setting the block type as 'PHP Script' and adding the path to the file, e.g.

include_once '/var/www/example.com/httpdocs/uploads/welcomeblock';

The only downside is, if you try to create a new block online, most Apache servers will create the block file with the owner as 'Apache', which means you cannot then edit the block content in Boox. However, if you build the site on your localhost PC first and then upload everything, you can edit the blocks online, because Apache will use your own user ID when the files are uploaded via FTP.

That's the way I use it and it's fine.

I don't want my site operators anywhere near Xoops admin, so this is one of my favourite modules.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits