$pathIcon32 $moduleInfo->getInfo('icons32');

with:
$module_handler =& xoops_gethandler('module');
$xoopsModule =& XoopsModule::getByDirname('myguestbook');
$moduleInfo =& $module_handler->get($xoopsModule->getVar('mid'));
$pathIcon16 $moduleInfo->getInfo('icons16');
$pathIcon32 $moduleInfo->getInfo('icons32');

Because i have the error:

Fatal errorCall to a member function getVar() on a non-object in /membri/metalslug/modules/myguestbook/admin/menu.php on line 29

And change varchars:
facebook varchar(15) default NULL,
twitter varchar(15)

15 are very few

Mamba
Re: Please help me with MyGuestbook
  • 2011/12/7 7:31

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Roby, I've made the changes and uploaded them to our SourceForge SVN

If you guys feel comfortable with SVN, I can add you there, so you can continue on the development working together.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

ipwgc
  • 2011/12/7 8:42

• ipwgc

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/8/13

Hi Rody,
Yes is true, Manba take the module and cleaner the code,
1. He add a new system logo version 2.1
2. He add a menu in the administrator
3. He add a help page
4. This new version 2.0 is on my download site until I fixed and tested on the new xoops version 2.5.4

DONWLOAD MY GUESTBOOK VERSION 2.0

THIS IS WHAT I THINK AND I'M SEARCHING FOR SOLUTIONS
Now, the version 2.5.4 is my problem, because I have in all my site the modules in ISO,
My last ISO version is 2.5.1, I need to change, for 2.5.4
and for this reason I cannot test the last manba update my guestbook version 2.0 until I upgrade version 2.5.4 in ISO.

I have a big problems with all modules that already I translate from English to Spanish,
I prefer to translate the entire xoops languages files in ISO code,
I remember people doing this in the past,
The Spanish support don’t translate the modules in Iso language, they want to use UTF-8 mode
The problem is the Spanish Language need to be in ISO, WAY?, BECOUSE FOR THE ACCENTS,

PLEASE MAMBA, DON’T CHANGE THE SPANISH LANGUAGE TO UTF-8 IS NOT GOOD, I DON’T LIKE, I REFUCE TO CHANGE TO UTF-8
WHY?, because Is better to translate manually, and to write and to read in ISO.

I believe I the only one on this crusade to not change the Spanish from ISO to UTF-8
and I will take care the all languages files and folders if necessary, in order to maintain the ISO mode for Spanish language,

Regards
David

Mamba
  • 2011/12/7 8:53

• Mamba

I am not sure why you feel that you cannot translate text into Spanish with UTF-8? If you use Notepad++, it's not a problem.

Of course, you can have separate Spanish translations in ISO and UTF-8, but I still would like to understand your resistance to UTF?

You can translate the text manually, and the XOOPS can read and write Spanish accents just fine.

BTW - I converted the translations to UTF-8 because some strings were wrong as they were originally in ANSI.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

ipwgc
  • 2011/12/7 9:54

• ipwgc

• Quite a regular

HI, Mamba
is only because Is better to translate manually, and to write and to read.

IN ISO, is like the tranlation work is al ready finish,
IN UTF-8, to tranlate I need a program and Notepad++, etc

EXAMPLE, IF I NEED TO FIXED, OR CHANGE MANUALLY THE TEXT BELLOW, IT DIFICUL. FOR THE ACCENT, I CANNOT USE THE CODE IN THE SPANISH KEYBOARD
THE BELOW TRANSLATION IS FOR A MA
define('_AD_WARNINGINSTALL','Atención: la carpeta %s existe en su servidor. <br />Elimínelo de inmediato por razones de seguridad.');
define('_AD_WARNINGWRITEABLE','Atención: el archivo %s es escribible. <br />Cambie de inmediato los permisos de escritura para este archivo. <br /> En Unix (444), en Win32 (sólo lectura)');

It is convenient to do the changes in ISO with the keyboard in Spanish, and I can see the whole text.
In other word, is CONVENIENT TO DO THE MANUALY TRANSLATION.
AND ALL THE TIME, WE NEED TO TAKE THE ENTIRE TEXT AND REVIEW IT, AND CORRECT TO THE EXACT MEANING, SPECIALLY FROM THE SPANISH COUNTRIES,
We have a lot Spanish country, and many word is different from country to country,
and for this reason it necessary to translate and review manually the text.

Example, the Spanish , from Spain, it different from the Spanish in Latin America, many words is different meaning.
and if I translate direct from the google, or other tools or machine, change the all concept , for this reason is necessary to translate manually and I prefer in ISO mode,

REGARDS, And saludos y felicidades,
David

Mamba
  • 2011/12/7 10:11

• Mamba

I think, I am missing something here

Quote:
IN UTF-8, to tranlate I need a program and Notepad++, etc

So what are you using right now? How do you translate "manually"?

Quote:
EXAMPLE, IF I NEED TO FIXED, OR CHANGE MANUALLY THE TEXT BELLOW, IT DIFICUL. FOR THE ACCENT, I CANNOT USE THE CODE IN THE SPANISH KEYBOARD

You should be able to use the Spanish keyboard just fine.

Quote:
define('_AD_WARNINGINSTALL','Atención: la carpeta %s existe en su servidor. <br />Elimínelo de inmediato por razones de seguridad.');

Where do you see this text? Is it in the editor? If yes, which one?

This is the translation that I see:

define("_MI_NAR_NUMITEM", "El número de mensajes por página");

And the accents are just fine.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Roby73
  • 2011/12/8 23:37

• Roby73

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2011/6/15

Quote:
If you guys feel comfortable with SVN, I can add you there, so you can continue on the development working together.

Thank you mamba.
I am very happy if I can be help

oswaldo
  • 2011/12/9 6:04

• oswaldo

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/8/22

Hi all

I am the Xoops translator on esxoops, and most of the users change to utf-8 since Xoops 2.50, without problems, we only have one user that refuse to change, and as you can see is too much work to be updated the iso charset only for one person.

I hope that change and help us to mantain updated the translations, I don´t see any problem using notepad++, to make the translation and save it as you want.

Pero si quieres ayuda en la conversión solicitalo en nuestra comunidad de Xoops en español y te ayudaremos.

(But if you want help in the conversion request it in our Xoops community in Spanish and we will help you.)

ipwgc
  • 2011/12/9 7:32

• ipwgc

• Quite a regular

Hi, oswaldo
Hummm This is not the point. I only for one person, and for this reason it should be made as you says

The real point is:
1. in south America the operation system in window 7 is in ISO,
now, when is the problem on this?? Simples, the people sold the computer and keyboard comes with the keys in Spanish, with the accent in Spanish.
2. and which is the problem on this? The problem is when I need to translate or correct same phrase manually, it necessary to type the word with the keys from the keyboard in Spanish.
All the time, I mention above, the word TRANSLATION MANULLY, FRASES OR WORDS,
I don’t mention the entire file, I have not mentioned the whole file or the complete file.
for that we past the file for the notepad++ or any translation program, lake google, etc.

I know that you are continued insisting to maintain the UTF-8 chat in XOOPS,
but with passing of the time you will agree with me, and all of you will say, humm David he had reason.
way? because in south America the windows operation systems 7. or 9 . etc the keyboards they will continue manufacturing with the keys accents in Spanish in the coming years.
and went we need to correct phrase MANUALLY, You will remembered of my.
to updated the iso charset only for one person, name David which is fan and registered in xoops portal since 2005.
I would consider what the one says, and it would analyze it, to look for solutions to improve the system and to facilitate it to the xoops fan users, even though he is a single person.

Regards.
David
Resized Image

oswaldo
  • 2011/12/9 15:07

• oswaldo

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/8/22

Ok David.

I Am from America too and have your same OS and keyboard, but I don´t have problems with the charset, it can be iso or utf-8,

I have no problem on make the iso versión updated but the new users will be confused on new instalations, I propose you to make the updates with dual iso and utf-8 language, I remember that we convert for you all xoops 2.53 to iso, will be easy to update to Xoops 2.54 and if you helpme we can make the same in all modules, that was we had make at the begining of 2.5x series using the spanish and spanishutf8 folders, but as a recomendation of xoops team (Mamba) we only update the utf-8 versión.

Unfortunately, in the Spanish community, there are no many volunteers to keep the translations up to date and share with members.

Have a nice day.

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits