xoobaru
Maquee Block
  • 2011/11/28 4:23

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Hello XOOPS world,
Just tried out the Marquee module to explore its capability to sequence banners in the narrow left or right column content blocks. The sequencing does woirk very good but images position such that they overlap 1/4 of the way below the blocks lower limt and into the area of the block below it. The module prefs feature limited css margin settings that have no effect for the bottom margin (does not adjust block bottom relative to bottom of images at all).

Adjusting length settings for both the marquee (and/or that of the pref settings) only scales the image lengthwise but it still hangs below the same amount no matter what. I will be further checking the themes style.css as a possible influence, but wanted to get this out there, and if anyone else has found/fixed this or can fix this, it would be great to hear from them.

Also any descriptive text entered for images does not display, only a red dot appears at the upper left corner above the image. But then again I do not know if it was even the intent of the developer for it to do that anyways.

Thanks
xoob

Mamba
Re: Marquee Block
  • 2011/11/28 6:05

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Can you post some screenshots of the issues?

Personally I never use it with images, so it will be interesting to see what other people are doing.

BTW - you're talking about Marquee and not Maquee from Wishcraft, right? I wish, he would select a less confusing name
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

xoobaru
Re: Marquee Block
  • 2011/11/28 17:47

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

How are you Mamba? Thanks for replying...
It is V 1.03 recent Wishcraft release.

Here is the Pic

There are unfortunately not many marketable synonyms for "marquee". Maquee is how Wishcraft pronounces it so thats how he spelled it?

xoob

Mamba
Re: Maquee Block
  • 2011/11/29 3:34

• Mamba

Quote:
There are unfortunately not many marketable synonyms for "marquee". Maquee is how Wishcraft pronounces it so thats how he spelled it?

It's easier to call it wishcraftMarquee or wcMarquee or something like this. Creating a new name with misspelling will cause later problems, because if I think that you've misspelled the name, I'll be trying to help with the wrong module.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

xoobaru
  • 2011/11/29 4:58

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

ChronoMarq

Honestly I did not notice the missing "r" until you mentioned it.

Mamba
  • 2011/11/29 5:23

• Mamba

Quote:
ChronoMarq

I like it. It would be good for Wishcraft to have his modules called "chronoSomething", like chronoForums, chronoMarquee, chronoPayment, etc.

From Marketing perspective, it would be a good tie to his "Chronolabs", would provide consistency, and avoid module confusion.

Simon, are you reading it?

Maybe you can do a rebranding of your modules for XOOPS 2.6.0?
Support XOOPS => DONATE

wishcraft

Hi how are you? I have had no problems with the maquee block as per i use it on www.liencards.biz as when it comes to marketing, I will stick with X for XOOPS modules, J for Joomla clones of the XOOPS modules and D for Drupal Clones of the XOOPS modules, when programmers of those two CMS decide to join the CO-OP.

chronolabs was the company I came up with when chatting with vincent cerf in 1992 on comp.protocol where I helped design the IPv4 protocol final release with, not that they honoured their payment aggreement with me of 50c per IP otherwise i would have the cash to invest in a XOOPS office for mamba and the rest to fly in and out of as well as houses etc for us so We can all live close to one another somewhere rather than this full on remoteness we all have to deal with... Anyway.

It really is the center of the internet physics at least one side of the 3 pair physics stream of the web, and all our applications give your website the full experience of internet domain abstraction physics, unlike drupal or joomla at the moment seeming i haven't contributed nor hold rank there.

Btw. Mamba that $50 USD you sent me in donation gives you and 100 other IPv4 addresses a fully featured internet, seeming the usa still has a few more 50c to cover before all the SFX i have generated over the years like the internet and it co-relationship to motion of machinery and the shower effect with chat and IRC and so on.

I am after all a General Physicist with specialities in IT computing. Anyway I hope that fills you in a bit mamba on the marketing of chronolabs and why i don't want to make chronoApplications seeming then the application becomes chronospherical in my slip stream with you all at my internet-a-house.

The only reason maquee is called that is there was already a marquee in the SVN when i went to commit it.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

wishcraft

Xoob,

You could always adjust the block html like so and add a div around all of it that sets the absolutely maximum height of the block, I am using wideimage so it is scalar with image resizing which means it willl not distort the image, one trick would be if you want them all the be the same height is to add a ->autoCrop() to the end of the resize function in the image hook in image.php.

and example of the div would be:

<div style='height:200px;clear:both;'>
   <!-- 
Rest of block HTML -->
</
div>

This will force the block height to be 200 pixels in height.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

xoobaru
  • 2011/11/29 14:00

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Hi Wishcraft, looks like your machine is back?

In what filename/locaton does this height change need be made for this block?

Attempts to trace via inspection of the div containing the image did not return a clue as to the files location (the html appears to be dynamic).

Side note... it was interesting to watch the way you ramp the opacity variables up and down as images transition through a fade.

Thanks
xoob

xoobaru
  • 2011/11/29 17:38

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Okay looks like I located the html file for the block

/maquee/templates/blocks/maquee_block_maquee.html.

I will now attempt to place the aforesaid div/style spec around it and see what happens.

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits