lolpant
XOOPS 2.5.x / Multisite 1.40
  • 2011/11/23 7:54

• lolpant

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/19

Hi all,

I have managed to install multisite and have made the changes to all the required PHP files (URLs working correctly etc.).

I have also managed to change the site name and theme based on the provided subdomain.

My domain setup is as follows:

mainsite.domain.com
subsite.domain.com

However, I am struggling to get the blocks administration right on my subdomains.
Basically I would like a particular block to be enabled only on mainsite.domain.com and not subsite.domain.com.

I have made sure that only mainsite.domain.com is selected in the multisite block admin area (instead of 'All Domains'), but the block continues to show on both subdomains.

It seems I can only enable it for all domains or only disable for all domains.

Thanks in advance.

lolpant
Re: XOOPS 2.5.x / Multisite 1.40
  • 2011/11/28 8:16

• lolpant

• Just popping in

Just keeping this topic alive; still struggling with this one.

wishcraft

Hi lolpant,

How are you? Sounds like the changes in the blocking system in later versions of XOOPS from 2.4.5 has effected the preloader, the problem with multisite and the blocks is I will probably have to get you to apply a core hack of adding a preloader to the blocking routines so I can cancel out population of a block.

There is an existing system already that empties the blocks array and repopulates it but it sounds like this isn't working wtih 2.5. Unfortunately I am to busy at the moment to really look into this and as I have been discussing with trabis the multisite theorm may be imported into 2.6.x architecture, which i am not sure why system hasn't been adjust yet to include this as a long time ago it was seen that all the OTHER cms and framework titles offer in their core not a module multisite options.

Thanks tho for finding the method i decided on finally with multisite works for you except for blocks still.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

lolpant
  • 2011/11/29 10:58

• lolpant

• Just popping in

Hi wishcraft,

thanks for coming back to me on this one.

Thanks for the update, what I did eventually was run the site on XOOPS 2.4.4 and applied a minor hack:

In modules/multisite/preloads/core.php I changed the block selection code on line 103 from:

$args[2] = array_merge($args[2], $xoopsblock->getAllByGroupModule($groups$mid$isStartXOOPS_BLOCK_VISIBLE));

to

$args[2] = $xoopsblock->getAllByGroupModule($groups$mid$isStartXOOPS_BLOCK_VISIBLE);

This seems to be working for now, as far as the blocks configuration is concerned.

Will post any side effects if I find any.

Drag0nTribal

Hello all.
Thank you already for the creation of this module is great
But here. I tested the module in XOOPS 2.5.5 Multisite 1.40, and I have two big bugs.

1) I have a blank page on the tab "Domain Groups" I do not know what to do.
2) unable to install a module only for a domain, the module remains visible on all subdomain.

Are you there if one followed aurat update for this module?

Otherwise, a big thank you for this module, as a site Multigaming it is great to have several kind of site is only keeping a single registration of an account.

Sorry for my English, I made a translation with google

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits