DCrussader
Re: If we were to start a 2.6 Branch what would you like to see.

How simple will be if someone adopt 960.gs..... :)
Even for current core, does WordPress or Drupal are better then XOOPS ? I don't think so, specially WP never will be better then XOOPS, well Drupal can be, but who understand Alien English :) ? (whole world uses section, drupal taxonomy, whole world uses category, drupal vocalubrity, world sub-category, drupal - taxonomy term, world Article, drupal - node). But there is at least one 960.gs template in J!, WP and Drupal.

Where is the problem of so many designers here, one or all, to make free default 960.gs theme for 2.5.4 final or 2.6.0 Alpha ? Well, will not be compatible with current Block Management - but will have 16x16 or 24x24 blocks positions.

http://960.gs/demo_24_col.html - Tons of positions, everyone can put thousands blocks anywhere. Adapt.js allows to set simply the number of positions in first line and they're size. Slides gives detailed view on 960.gs and is compared with the rest -http://www.slideshare.net/nathansmith/refresh-okc

Dreams, dreams.... (in past was banned from ICMS for calling they're designers slackers... well they're, Left + Content + Right is not a theme to be proud of :). This was nice very long time ago, where there was only PHP-Nuke and XOOPS...
May The Source Be With You!

Mamba
  • 2011/11/14 9:50

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
How simple will be if someone adopt 960.gs..... :)

It is already done by Insraq. You can download the file 960.zip

You can also purchase his book about it and other design issues related to XOOPS

See also these stories:

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5495

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5716
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

DCrussader

Quote:

It is already done by Insraq. You can download the file 960.zip

It's nice attempt, but is not fully (hmmm, what was the word, damn English), will prepare some examples to show u the difference Mamba.

May The Source Be With You!

xoobaru
  • 2011/11/14 19:39

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Hello everyone,
Here are some ideas I have found would be useful in increasing XOOPs versatility for members.

A user opt out of his/her being displayed in whos online. This could be an added option in users profile settings

Add public/private designation for groups.
-a private group is a group of people who exist in a bubble, and are not visible or accessible by users in other groups private or public (i.e. who's online or the private messaging user select menu). They can see and access other members in the group however.

-a public group is where the masses hang out and whose availability and activity are readily available to anyone in any public, but not private group. This would skyrocket XOOPs popularity for business use as separate departments could be ran out of one CMS as separate groups.

-For groups designated private, users within any such group only see members within their group under whos online and private messaging user selects etc. and would have access to private subsets of available module services such as forum, chat, files etc dedicated to their group but not accessible by any others. This is a simple matter of permissions.

-ach private group could have an option for a custom html or php home page
the user can upload for display in the center container.

-capability for easy group level admin control for group leader to tweak
permissions to induct new members into a private group (similar to a friend), or
ban an existing member. This would probably be a group profile, the equivalent
of an individual profile, but on a group level for the admin of a group.
Just ideas. Very nice and practical ones at that.

xoob

redheadedrod

I am wrestling with the install program right now working on some things then I wanted to start working on a solution for some group stuff I wanted to have added so I will look into this as well. This does sound like a cool Idea but it will have to be supported by the programs that look at this. This would be a great way of dealing with things like spiders as well so users dont see the bots listed as users.

With the changes I hope to make I will add support for this but it will need to be included in profile.

Might be nice to make a persons profile private as well.

I will be looking to add support for subscriptions to groups as well as group based theme support to groups. Since I am not a core programmer at this point I will post my code as a hack and hope that it gets added to 2.6.
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

timgno
  • 2011/11/17 12:30

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

added this

Anonymous
  • 2011/11/18 16:30

• Anonymous

• Since:

In Admin pages the icons on the top right don't have labels now. In many cases the icons are not clear enough (at least) for me to tell which function goes behind. Adding text-labels would help. Some of the Icons could be changed for more intuitive ones.

When at a module section in the admin page it's unclear how to get back to the main admin page. I would suggest to rename the "home" button in the module sections to for instance "module home" and add another "home" button which points to the main admin page.

Mamba
  • 2011/11/19 3:26

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
In Admin pages the icons on the top right don't have labels now.

Any specific module, or is it the XOOPS Admin?
Because XOOPS Admin works fine for me, showing name of the icon when I hover with the mouse over it...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Anonymous
  • 2011/11/19 9:09

• Anonymous

• Since:

The Icons work but maybe it's the overload confusing me. Two rows of Icons and the labeled tabs all point three times to the same functions. I just yesterday found out how the top row of Icons are related to the module I am working on... (I am busy building a new site so work with it daily the last couple of weeks...). O, and I forget the dropdown menu at the very top which is the fourth way for navigating.

I guess we all tend to choose a way of navigating which fits us, in xoops admin I tend to use the tabs or big Icons, but when on a module preferences page my favorite way of navigating is gone and I have to pop over to the little Icons at the top.

I can find my way in it but for non technical or new users all these tabs can be confusing I guess.

timgno
  • 2011/11/20 9:44

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

system to create banners, as the blocks in this way:

Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

271 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 271

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits