tedsmith
WF-Channel 2.06 Beta - Missing columns in database and pages not showing
  • 2011/10/6 19:50

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

OK, so I was using WF-Channel, version 2.0RC with Xoops 2.4.4. All were fine. I then upgraded to Xoops 2.5.3, and on the whole, all was fine, except that whenerv I tried to view a user profile, I got an error relating to missing wfc tables.

I did some Googling and discovered it was due to the older version of WF-Channel and Catwolf said a fix would repair it. The fix came with ver 2.06 beta (https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=94&lid=1927) which I have updated to along with the WF-Resources module which is alos required (v1.05). And sure enough, the "viewing accounts" problem is now fixed.

However, it is at the price of my WF-Channel pages. I only had one page anyway but it was my main 'About' page, but it now does not show at all - just the title. I have checked the permissions and set them to ticked for all users but it still does not show, even to the webmaster.

To try and fix it, I tried a few things like 'duplicating' the page and editing the page. However, all of these resulted in a variety of errors when I tried to change it. Specifically it was saying that the following columns did not exist :

wfc_metakeywords
wfc_metadescription
wfc_related
wfc_author
wfc_caption
wfc_active

So, using phpMyAdmin, I created them one by one (each time I added one to my database I was then asked for the next one) by adding them to the 'xoopsprefix_wfcpages' table. I took a guess at the types and set them all as 'text' apart from wfc_active which I assumed would be a 0 or 1 so I set it to INT. Having done that, I can now edit pages, duplicate pages etc, but the page itself still does not show.

a) does this help with the module development at all as I see it's beta was released back in May 2010. Did the final 2.06 ever get released and these issues fixed? or
b) have I messd up somewhere? If so, where? and\or
c) does anyone know why my page does not show. For info, it is this page :http://www.lost-doggies.com/modules/wfchannel/index.php?cid=2

Thanks

Ted
(PS - I have just posted another seperate thread relating to pictures in the ImageManager and Avatars not working - I have a feeling this problem may be related to that as my WF-Channel pages does contains ome images -https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=74298&post_id=341581#forumpost341581 ).

trabis
Re: WF-Channel 2.06 Beta - Missing columns in database and pages not showing
  • 2011/10/6 20:34

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

tedsmith wrote:
OK, so I was using WF-Channel, version 2.0RC with Xoops 2.4.4. All were fine. I then upgraded to Xoops 2.5.3, and on the whole, all was fine, except that whenerv I tried to view a user profile, I got an error relating to missing wfc tables.

The missing wfc table/fields error was present on 2.4.4 or just on 2.5.3?
I'll assume you had this error on 2.4.4. because Xoops upgrade does not delete tables.

You say your version was 2.0.RC, however 2.06 upgrade file seems to ignore version 2.00, it only updates table if VERSION<200 or 200<VERSION>205.

You could try to edit the xoops_version.php and set version to 1.99. Then update the module. Then edit xoops_version.php and set the version back to 2.04. Then update the module. Then edit xoops_version.php and set version to 2.06. Then update the module.

This way all table updates would/should be applied.

tedsmith
Re: WF-Channel 2.06 Beta - Missing columns in database and pages not showing
  • 2011/10/6 20:57

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Hi Trabis

I'd agree with you if it were not for the fact that only a few weeks ago I edited some values of my About Page using 2.4.4. When I tried to do the same today after upgrading to 2.5.3, it didn't work. So it's a bit of a mystery.

I'll re-read your suggestion and have a go tomorrow probably - I'm a bit worn out today.

Thanks

Ted

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits