xoobaru
Integrating Analytics
  • 2011/9/24 14:46

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

My Fellow XOOPSers,
What would be the optimum location to paste the javascript tag for an analytics service in a XOOPS installation? I would have guessed that the footer area of the theme would be a good place because it loads with every page, however that does not seem to work. I wonder if it might have something to do with XOOPS using Smarty cached pages (instead of the theme directly) in which the JS tag pasted in the theme never got written. Thanks.

xoob

Dante7237
Re: Integrating Analytics
  • 2011/9/25 0:22

• Dante7237

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/5/28

The footer was where I had placed a couple of them when I was evaluating analytics sites. I had no issues.

But you know of course, javascript won't give an accurate data picture due to the number of people browsing with scripting disabled.

*edit*
Also hosts files block most of those sites.. You may want to check yours to be sure that isn't the trouble.
The more I know, the more I know that I really didn't wanna know.

xoobaru
Re: Integrating Analytics
  • 2011/9/25 3:25

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Hi Dante,

Yeah I know what you mean about the JS user variances. php tag based analytics applied in the head of index.php would be real nice but I am unable find such a product. I actually am the host site and the analytics work good with other scripts on the same domain (subject to the JS user limitations you mentioned), but data for XOOPS unconditionally flatlines to zero. I suppose I could use a script execution monitor with breakpoints to see if it actually executes or jumps over the tag in the footer.

Thanks Dante

xoob

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (170 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits