chefry
Building a bridge
  • 2011/8/13 14:32

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

I want to build a bridge for user data between xoops 2.4.4 and some other software.

Basically so users only have to login once, not twice (I have the 2 programs linked in menues)

I haven't got a clue where to start

Can someone point me in the right direction???

TIA!!!

zyspec
Re: Building a bridge
  • 2011/8/13 20:59

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

1) You'll have to decide if you want to use the XOOPS authentication system or the 'other software' authentication. 2) The next step will be to look at what's required to authenticate under each system (username, password, etc. and also whether any/all of the fields are encrypted). Since you didn't give many details it's hard to say what all you'll have to consider.
3) You'll need to write som 'mapping' code that maps fields from one system to the other and then passes that information to the appropriate routines.

I know this isn't very specific but there's not enough information in your request to give you detailed assistance.

Hopefully this gives you a start in the right direction.

chefry
  • 2011/8/14 9:29

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

Xoops is the main site, the page you go to first, so I would use Xoops authentication. they both require the same info.

looking at the xopos "users" table, only the password is encrypted

looking at the other "users" table, again the password is encrypted, but there is also a lot more info required. Address, city, country, postal code, phone, birthdate

but i believe i can "activate" those fields in the xoops registration also

zyspec
  • 2011/8/14 15:33

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

This sounds like a reasonable approach. You'll also need to make sure that both XOOPS and the 'other' system use the same encryption/decryption method for the password.

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits