Yahoogle
Re: bug 2.5.1-Errors name is required
  • 2011/4/24 17:56

• Yahoogle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/4/24

Thanks Oswaldo, that fix worked for me.

I have two issues:

1. Blocks - adding blocks error (OSwaldo shared the fix for that until next patch. worked for me.)

2. Modules - Can't install modules. Nothing shows in admin panel (except for the few that came with XOOPS). No matter what I do, I can't get any modules I upload to show up in admin control panel under unistalled modules. Any help would be great.

What I have tried: change modules folder to 0777, then upload zip modules, unpack, delete zip, then check admin control panel. I get error, so I change modules folder back to 0755 with modules still unzipped in modules folder and then the control panel functions again but none of the modules show up. I have tried various modules to make sure, nothing. I only want real basic modules such as news and forums.

I have looked around forums for help. I have read the help files for install. Nothing, so I am hoping the community might have some suggestions or maybe I am missing something obvious that isn't explained in help files. Now 2.5.1 is the latest patch right? Doesn't function very well. I can't do much with a blank front page. I must be missing something. Help!

Mamba
  • 2011/4/25 10:43

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Modules - Can't install modules. Nothing shows in admin panel (except for the few that came with XOOPS). No matter what I do, I can't get any modules I upload to show up in admin control panel under unistalled modules. Any help would be great.

You have to make sure that in each of the "unzipped" directories there is a file called "xoops_version.php". If there is only another directory, then you need to move all the files directly to the directory above.

This is wrong:

-modules
---news
------news
---------- xoops_version.php

This is correct:

-modules
---news
----- xoops_version.php
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Yahoogle
  • 2011/4/25 11:25

• Yahoogle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/4/24

I have tried hard to understand what you said and I give up. It makes zero since to me. Maybe we need to talk on VOIP or something. I appreciate your support but I don't understand. I uploaded my modules in the correct directory if that was your point...best I could make out of that....or are you saying copy and paste xoops_version.php into each module directory? That can't be right because that should be auto. I really want this to work. Bah, I am about to give up on this Xoops. WTF. My site has some graphical issues easy to fix such as the USMC tag and the title overlap which I will correct for the second time once my issues are fixed with Xoops. Also, I will pay for help as well, if needed. I am looking for work! My background is in prepress and commercial signs. Lay off sucks and I am up for employment. Anycase, I just need this site up and working with basic elements such as forums before BF3 hits this fall. I dig Xoops big time. I want this to work.
Thanks for your support.

http://www.bf3tribe.com/

redheadedrod

What he is trying to tell you is that you can not normally just unzip the module and copy the whole thing into your modules directory.

Some modules will have additional files that might include documentation or otherwise.

For instance if you download a news module it is likely to decompress with a folder inside called news. You need to go inside that folder and see if there is another folder or if the files are in that folder. If you see the xoops_version.php in that news directory then you found the correct folder to copy into the modules directory. So you copy the folder that contains the xoops_version.php in the first level.

The way xoops works is it will look for modules inside the "modules" folder. Inside that folder your modules will reside but each module must have the xoops_version.php file for THAT module at the first level...

So for instance if you decompress news167.gzip

you might have a folder named news167.

Inside that folder there is another folder called news

then when you look inside that folder you have some files such as...

<dir>admin
<dir>classes
<dir>templates
index.php
xoops_version.php

Ok THIS is the module folder you want to copy.. So in this case you would NOT copy the news167 folder into the modules folder. You would copy the news folder into the modules directory.

So then if you looked at the path for xoops_version.php it would (After the copy) have the following path...

/modules/news/xoops_version.php

Make sense?

Sometimes you might uncompress a module and find something like...

<dir>class
<dir>modules
<dir>library
readme.txt

inside the main file. If you have that then you will want to verify that it is compatible with what you are running then copy all three of those directories into your "root" directory and it will copy the necessary files to the necessary places. The readme.txt would likely be directions or something and you would NOT copy that.

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits