Splifswift
Firefox Issues With XOOPS Login?
  • 2011/3/16 12:38

• Splifswift

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/3/26

Just curious i installed XOOPS a while back and had issues with logging into my site via firefox. It got quite frustrating to the point that I at that time was unable to find a solution to the issue via this site nor through google, so I decided to uninstall XOOPS.

I then went to Nuke Evolution to find that Nuke is becoming quite the dying project with very little development so this serves me no purpose having a CMS that is not really moving forward in any direction. I have always liked XOOPS and that it continually grows, so i am thinking of re installing my site back to XOOPS but would really like to know if the firefox issue is something that needs to be addressed or not as I do not wish to re populate a whole site to find that it continually has issues with logging in and there is no real answer to the problem.

Would this be a session control issue or more so a cookie related issue as it seems before i was able to login via IE and had Cookies enabled on IE and on Firefox but still was unable to login via Firefox. I tried multiple Browsers Opera, Chrome and still had the same issue seems that IE was the only one that was able to log me into my site properly without redirecting me back to the log in page even though it stated it had logged me in successfully.

Any information would be handy.

Mamba
Re: Firefox Issues With XOOPS Login?
  • 2011/3/16 13:29

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I don't experience any problems with Firefox.

I suggest to install XOOPS and try it again.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

fdeconiac
  • 2011/3/16 13:35

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/11/29

I'm using only Firefox (yes i'm a fan !) and didn't meet problem with my xoops sites...

Did you check all your options? an easy way is to test with firefox on 2 differents computers, just to check if it could come from your parameters...

Tarik
  • 2011/3/16 15:22

• Tarik

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2010/2/3 1

I don't think Xoops is responsible for this issue because from my beginnings with Xoops i had always used firefox (an other fan XD) .
Do you login from the login bloc or a theme form
Some people like what you do,
-- some people hate what you do,
---- but most people simply don’t give a damn.

Splifswift
  • 2011/3/16 15:27

• Splifswift

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/3/26

Thanks guys for such a speedy reply to my post this is why i have always liked XOOPS Community. I re installed XOOPS and all seems fine so far.

Tarik may have a point the last time i had this issue I was logging in from a theme form if I remember rightly. So far so good so lets cross fingers hey!

Thanks again for the replys

Login

Who's Online

284 user(s) are online (180 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 284

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits