fdeconiac
Re: help for Test extgallery 1.0.9!!!!
  • 2011/1/11 19:22

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/11/29

I changed it directly in the db as you adviced and clearly explained and it's now working!

Thanks Voltan! :)

voltan
  • 2011/1/12 14:29

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

Quote:
perhaps it's problem in update_function.php . I must check it again

you can change tinyint(4) to int(11) in phpmyadmin

phpmyadmin -> yourdb -> extgallery_publiccat table -> Structure
and try edit cat_weight fild

Hello

I check it . update_function.php just work when you update from version 1.0.8 ( and lower ) to version 1.0.9 . if you update from verion 1.0.9 to 1.0.9 it not work

if($oldVersion 109) {

$db =& Database::getInstance();

$sql "ALTER TABLE `".$db->prefix('extgallery_publiccat')."` CHANGE `cat_weight` `cat_weight` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ;";

$db->query($sql);

}

voltan
  • 2011/1/12 14:36

• voltan

• Theme Designer

I change admin templates . please test last SVN version and tell me ti work or not for you ( Please test in xoops 2.5 )

And please test upgrade from version 1.08 to version 1.09 ( and test blocks after upgrade )

many thanks

fdeconiac
  • 2011/1/12 16:32

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

Hi voltan,

i will test it tonight for sure!

Another idea that would be great on admin side : reorganize the presentation !

Actually, other members working on my websites find the admin side very complicated for this module. For example for category or pictures management.

For categories, i think it would be easier to understand if we could see all albums listed in rows, with icons to edit, delete, put online/offline (temporary hide an album)... and a link on top to add a new album.

What do you think about it ?

Adding a tag option would be nice too :)

Do you need to update french translation ?

Regards,

voltan
  • 2011/1/13 7:19

• voltan

• Theme Designer

Quote:
Another idea that would be great on admin side : reorganize the presentation !

Actually, other members working on my websites find the admin side very complicated for this module. For example for category or pictures management.

For categories, i think it would be easier to understand if we could see all albums listed in rows, with icons to edit, delete, put online/offline (temporary hide an album)... and a link on top to add a new album.

I agree we must do it . but it not easy . I think we must do it for version 1.10 .

I want public beta version next week and public final version in end of January and add other options will be add for version 1.10

my roadmap for version 1.10 is :

1- Change categories admin page and add categories manager by users ( it added by Goffy ) and option for activate/deactivate albums ( by admin and author )
2- Improve admin photo page ( which options do you need ?)
3- Add rss output
4- Add tag system ( I try add it for this version but If I can't do it I do it for next version )
5- If poshibel add individual directory for each album
6- Other good option is integrating extgallery whit some modules like news and cbb I want work on it but I don't have any idea about do it .
7- Ajax rating
8- If poshibel edit photos by www.uploadify.com

Any idea ? any one want help ?
And if you need other galler scrept for version 1.09 please post scrept link at here

voltan
  • 2011/1/13 7:31

• voltan

• Theme Designer

Quote:
Great job, here is the updated spanish translation

Thank you oswaldo . I add your translation . but we have some other changes in language files . if poshible please after public beta version update for translation again .

Quote:
Do you need to update french translation ?

Yes . but please do it after beta version . perhaps I add some changes in language files befor beta version

Thanks

fdeconiac
  • 2011/1/13 8:20

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

I already saw that for the slideshow "news5", it's missing "SLIDESHOW_MORE" translation...

1Change categories admin page

=> Great :)

and add categories manager by users it added by Goffy )

=> Is that mean that, if a user have rights (for example to create a category), that will copy the same rights to the categories belows ?
and option for activate/deactivate albums by admin and author )

=> Really good to prepare an album before publishing or tempory hide it!
=> IDEA : What about adding a publication date too (so we could prepare albums before going hollydays :) ?
=> IDEA : Add the option to display a random photo for category or to specify one specific... It's quite heavy to select one when we have only good photos :)

2Improve admin photo page which options do you need ?)

=> Photo list

4Add tag system try add it for this version but If I can't do it I do it for next version )

=> Great! I don't know a lot about it, but i was asking it by my users! Will it be used by module tag ? and by xoops search engine ?

5- If posible add individual directory for each album

=> Not sure to understand. Is it the idea of Mamba to have the same directory tree in ftp than in db? That would be very great! The gallery "PIWIGO" already do it if you want to see how it works.

6Other good option is integrating extgallery whit some modules like news and cbb I want work on it but I don't have any idea about do it .

=> Nice idea !

8- If poshibel edit photos by www.uploadify.com

=> Don't know it :(

I will come back to edit this post and add ideas for sure... :)

Thanks Voltan, and keep me aware when you want me to translate in french :)

redheadedrod

voltan wrote:
Quote:

5- If poshibel add individual directory for each album

Should be relatively simple to do.

I was considering this when I was looking at changing this program but this program is far down on my list of projects. Glad to see you are doing it. I can share ideas on things to add and go from there.

With the directories I was thinking it would be good to try having them in a structure similar to how they are in the database. You could then instead of having a "batchupload" have a "site update" with an option to just go through the catagories or specific albums (Large sites with thousands of pictures would take forever otherwise.)

I was thinking you could have an XML in each album directory that would describe them. That way if you move an album it would be very simple to update them.

If you do this then the "update" would read the XML and compare to the items in the directory. This would also be a great way to be able to "prepare" a directory for uploading. You manually build an XML file with the information in it for the database and upload the whole directory with the XML in tact and hit update for the catagory you put it in and its all done without having to do anything manually on the site other than hitting the update... Would also make things VERY simple for moving albums between sites as well as it would be a simple directory copy and update.

When doing this it would be a good idea to consider the potential for adding other data types such as videos and documents as this could become more of a "library" module and not just for pictures.

The XML stuff could be just a backup for the album information and you keep it all in the database as well or you could just store information about the "tree" in the database and permissions for each album but pull the album information its self from the XML.

Quote:

6- Other good option is integrating extgallery whit some modules like news and cbb I want work on it but I don't have any idea about do it .

You can look at how CBB incorporates xoopspoll and include it that way. I will be looking at xoopspoll shortly to help with adding some features as Niclas is a bit busy at the moment and I want to have some features added to xoopspoll so I can add it as an add on to profile and some other modules I am doing. Basically I want to add a survey/rating system to it that takes into account multiple questions and make an over all rating from a series of questions. And potentially make it multiple level...

When I do that I will be looking at the mechanism they use to connect the modules and I can share that with you but I am not sure when I will get to it as I have another project in front of it but may work on it if it turns out to be simple to add what I want.

Quote:

7- Ajax rating

Im curious what this is. As I already mentioned I am looking to add some things to xoopspoll and this sounds like a poll kinda thing as in would be nice to add to xoopspoll if I understood what is meant.

fdeconiac
  • 2011/1/13 16:02

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

Quote:
With the directories I was thinking it would be good to try having them in a structure similar to how they are in the database. You could then instead of having a "batchupload" have a "site update" with an option to just go through the catagories or specific albums (Large sites with thousands of pictures would take forever otherwise.)

Please have a look at PIWIGO gallery. This gallery offer to "SYNCHRONIZE" the database with directories...

http://piwigo.org/

I don't know anything about coding, but i suppose the synchronisation scan the folders, and then record in db "folder/subfolder/mypicture1.jpg" (instead of "picture1.jpg)

This is nice
=> to check pictures still in directories that we thought having deleted...
=> To add easily new albums (asking how we would manage all persmissions as i'm writting it...)
=> To keep an organisation when we would move galleries, download it from ftp, etc...

Hope this project will be possible :)

redheadedrod

Anything is possible.. ;)

I hope Voltan is able to figure it out as it will likely be months before I will be able to do anything with this as i have too many other projects in the works.

What I mentioned above would do the majority of what you mention. For permissions you could have a category default for albums within. So all albums in that specific category would have the same permissions unless specifically setup differently.

This is starting to bug me so I might look at the directory structure and see how simple it would be to implement as well as plug in support for other modules.

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits