xoobaru
Integrating Prochatrooms auth with XOOPS
  • 2010/12/10 17:54

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Dear XOOPS enthusiasts,
I am trying to integrate my ProChatrooms script ( a fully functional version of Flashchat123 at one tenth the cost) into my XOOPS installation (very new to XOOPS and loving it so far, but not CMS in general). PCR universal integration scheme uses JavaScript like so

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
var userName = "USERNAME";
var userID = "USERID";
var roomID = "Lobby";
// -->
</script>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://www.YOURWEBSITE.com/prochatrooms
/chat.js"></script>

however I do not know what form the XOOPS end of the userName or userID variables takes or how they are typically accessd by JavaScript.

It does not need to run in the center content frame but can be a _blank target (i.e. new tab) so long as users only need log in to CMS to use it.

Is there anyone who can share what the sources for these variables in XOOPS and how they can be read by JS as in the example above? In a year or two I will prolly be in a position to help others like me

Mega Thanks
noobaru

iunderwood
Re: Integrating Prochatrooms auth with XOOPS

PCR looks pretty mighty, as I'd like a chartroom on my site as well that is preferably not IRC. I can't imagine that the integration is too hard. I'll post what I find out.
++I;
Resized Image

xoobaru
  • 2010/12/21 16:35

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Yeah, it even runs under https, and the audio video flash chat module works with the free open source Red5 flash server instead of having to buy Adobe flash server. Don't know how different groups could be assigned to different rooms as it seems to be a flat one group/many rooms structure per their CMS integration guide.

wishcraft

Well if it is java script to fire it, you could write a simple module with no admin and just an index template that loads up some config settings in the preferences of the module.

Basically using the xoops auth system.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

xoobaru
  • 2010/12/21 23:56

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Wishcraft,
The XOOPS cookie authentication procedure is the missing link to the solution. While the JS example above shows how PCR auth get stuffed with variables, I have not succeeded in finding how the data gets picked off from XOOPS 2.5.0. Documentation appears non-existent on Google and elsewhere. Do you have info or can you point me to how this is typically done in a module? Another point of interest is how the content of an external app can be framed into the center column container display rather than target=_blank.

If this spec or related example were available, I could probably work out a rough hack (not nearly as good as you guys could pull off, but workable maybe).

noobaru

xoobaru
  • 2011/1/12 2:36

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Did anyone give this anymore thought as to explain how XOOPs authentcation variables get assigned to the PCR Javascript integration example above, so users can tranparently authenticate to PCR?

xoobaru
  • 2011/2/20 0:51

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

There doesn't appear to be much interest in the XOOPS support forum for providing information for script integration, only using and getting existing modules to work. I know has got to be so simple, but not being a php coder, so an external php consultant was retained to end-run the xoops module oligarchy to arrive at a solution via reverse engineering. Results will then be published via the general web for everyone who wants information on this issue.

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits