Mamba
Re: help for Test extgallery 1.0.9!!!!
  • 2010/12/27 15:15

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Goffy, nice to see that you're getting involved.

This could be a good example of nice teamwork, especially since you've done already so much!

ExtGallery could become the poster gallery module for XOOPS!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

cerbero
  • 2010/12/27 17:04

• cerbero

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/11

i'll very happy if anyone could integrate the Picassa import option in this great gallery

goffy
  • 2010/12/29 19:10

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/27

Hi all

First ideas from my side concerning admin area:
1) Tab Permission: Dropdown "Select permission" on top and result after a selection appears at the bottom, they should be keeped together
2) There is now a seperate tab for album configuration (that's good idea). Some settings must still be made under preferences (e.g.Number of Columns in each album), they should be tranfered to album configuration
3) In my opinion we should split admin/slideshow.php for easier handling (e.g. galleryview.php, galleria.php), especially if we include more slideshows. In menu.php we can make a switch and show only the register for the actual selected slideshow.

Goffy

btesec
  • 2010/12/29 23:19

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

Idea: I'd like to export my powerpoint presentation slides as images and post them under this module for users to read through using full screen mode with first, next, previous and last controls buttons.

fdeconiac
  • 2010/12/29 23:55

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/11/29

So great news, the best for 2010 year... still in time :)

Here are my test results :

* Problems or to change :
- Quite disturbed in admin side by the icons on right side and info on left side (contrary should be more comon)
- Weight category limited to 127... Why? I'm used to record weight like 1000, 2000, 3000,... to insert other categories in the future :(
- blank page after "add batch photos" (will try tomorow from an other computer) - but photos moved in uploads/extgallery/ ... in differents sizes, but do not appears on the site (lready looked persmissions)... don't understand why i see any photo online ?

* I like :
- New admin icons
- New management of slideshow/album displays on admin side
- news parameter options for slideshow

* Still missing :
- TAGS !!!!!
- option to use : or random photo for category illustration, or defined picture
- option to activate/deactivate easily an album (= temporary hiding option)

Tks for this work,

XOOPS Version XOOPS 2.5.0
PHP Version 5.2.13
mySQL Version 5.1.37-1ubuntu5.4-log

Regards

voltan
  • 2011/1/8 9:37

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

Quote:
1) on the Admin site, we need to be able to switch sides for LTR, i.e. the icons should be on the left, and the system info on the right, so we are consistent with the Default Admin theme.

Done

Quote:
2) There are some problems with the "Subcategories"

a) I've created Cat1 album. Then without adding any pictures there, I've created Cat1Sub1 album, where I've added pictures.

b) Originally Cat1Sub1 didn't show any pictures when clicked on the Frontpage, till I added a "Category Image", even if I could see them in the through the "MyAlbum" link

c) I've promoted to Cat1Sub1 to a main album, and added pictures to Cat1, but I cannot see any pictures there, even if I've added the "Category Image" to it:

/modules/extgallery/public-categories.php?id=1

d) I've created a new Cat2 album as a Top level album. Could add pictures there but cannot see them when I go to:
/modules/extgallery/public-categories.php?id=3

e) I've decided to move Cat2 as a sub-album of Cat1Sub1, so I go to modify it, but when I'm trying to select the Parent Category, I see Cat1 and Cat2 (i.e. itself), but I don't see Cat1Sub1, while it should be only Cat1 and Cat1Sub1 visible.

I checked it and found the problem . but not found solution

Quote:
1) I would love to see that we change the structure of the picture directory location. Right now all of them are placed in ...

2) It would be great if we could create albums from Flickr or Picassa, i.e. with pictures that are located somewhere else, but we would have the same "look & feel" as with pictures located locally.

I will work on this for next version

Quote:
In slideshow under gallery view don't show the images next & prev please look at here

I check it today

Quote:
css files calling bug in extgallery_admin_index.html:

<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="<{xoAppUrl browse.php?modules/extgallery/include/admin.css}>" />
</head>

The right way is:

<{php}>global $xoTheme;
$xoTheme->addStylesheet('browse.php?modules/extgallery/include/admin.css');
<{/php}>

Done

Quote:

- Quite disturbed in admin side by the icons on right side and info on left side (contrary should be more comon)
- Weight category limited to 127... Why? I'm used to record weight like 1000, 2000, 3000,... to insert other categories in the future :(

It use tinyint(4) in db and I change it to int(11)

Quote:
1) Tab Permission: Dropdown "Select permission" on top and result after a selection appears at the bottom, they should be keeped together

Done

Quote:
2) There is now a seperate tab for album configuration (that's good idea). Some settings must still be made under preferences (e.g.Number of Columns in each album), they should be tranfered to album configuration
I check it tody

Done

Mamba
  • 2011/1/8 12:22

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

nice going, Voltan!!!!

Thank you for all the work!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

How about integrating extgallery with CBB?

The intent here is perhaps to have a catagory setup for use by CBB that is not visible to people viewing via extgallery normally. The idea here is that you can have an album attached to a message thread or category just as you can have a poll attached.

You would use the tools available with extgallery to actually add the pictures and display them in concert with CBB.

Rodney

fdeconiac
  • 2011/1/11 7:33

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/11/29

Quote:

It use tinyint(4) in db and I change it to int(11)

=> I updated extgallery, trying to use 3000 for weight, and it still record it as 127...

Thanks Voltan for all these updates ! :)

voltan
  • 2011/1/11 8:10

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

perhaps it's problem in update_function.php . I must check it again

you can change tinyint(4) to int(11) in phpmyadmin

phpmyadmin -> yourdb -> extgallery_publiccat table -> Structure
and try edit cat_weight fild

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits