/xoops_lib /xoops_data
  • 2011/1/3 1:44

• thgirblam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/14

The 2.5 Release Notes state:

Installing XOOPS
-----------------------------------

1. Copy the content of the htdocs/ folder where it can be accessed by your server
2. Ensure mainfile.php and uploads/ are writable by the web server
3. For security considerations, you are encouraged to move directories "/xoops_lib" (for XOOPS libraries) and "/xoops_data" (for XOOPS data) out of Document Root, and change the folder names.
4. Make the directory xoops_data/ writable; Create (if not already present) and make the directories xoops_data/caches/, xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache/, xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache/ and xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/ writable.
5. Access the folder where you installed the htdocs/ files using your web browser to launch the installation wizard

I am setting up a test site to run 2.5 in prior to going live with it. I'm confused about when I perform step 3 above. Should I move and rename /xoops_lib and /xoops_data prior to proceeding with step 4 then recreate fresh directories in step 4? Or should step 3 be a follow-up procedure I perform after the installation is complete?

Sorry to bother you with what should probably be obvious - don't understand why this decision is not evident to me.

Thanks for your help,

Mark

Mamba
Re: /xoops_lib /xoops_data
  • 2011/1/3 2:14

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

It will be easier to install as is, so you can have an easy test, and after you're satisfied, then move the directories out of the Document Root (don't forget to update the mainfile.php)
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

thgirblam
  • 2011/1/3 2:20

• thgirblam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/14

Thanks Mamba!

cugie
  • 2011/1/14 4:31

• cugie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/1/14

Hi Mamba, simple script it on my site, so I am very new to xoops.
Do I make a folder for these xoops_lib/data files or just put them in the main file?
Thanks!
Sorry I have never had to do this before and don't want to mess it up!
Cugie

Login

Who's Online

124 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 124

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits