sadistiko
Problem with xnews and xoops2.5.0
  • 2010/12/6 8:57

• sadistiko

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/13

This post was originaly writen in post related to template set because I was almost sure it was related with template problem. Here it is:

I also have problem with that. I made some template for my theme and now I can't add news in xnews module that have images. I think it's related to templates because last thing I changed on this site was templates. Where can I see/edit/delete templates that are created?
I don't like new (2.5.0) way of template system.

This site was updated from 2.3.3 to 2.5.0 and everything worked fine (exept old news module 1.63). Now I can't add any news, I got error:

Quote:
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /modules/xnews/submit.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If I try to add news without images it works. Strange. I'm pissed off because this is my first production site I updated to 2.5.0 of my client.

EDIT. This is not related to templates (it looks). I deleted my custom theme I use on this site and templates were deleted too (I think). With default theme I stil have same error. I'm totally confused now because everithing work ok until today. Only thing I chnaged last few days were templates for my theme and some theme correction. But as I get same error with default xoops theme I thing this is not related to my theme.
Croatian Xoops support site:
www.xoopshr.org
Lowcost linux hosting:
www.adpgroup.hr

underdog
Re: Problem with xnews and xoops2.5.0
  • 2010/12/6 13:42

• underdog

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/21

Did you perhaps add a .htaccess file?
Did you change the directory of xnews to just "news"?

Yurdal
  • 2010/12/6 14:21

• Yurdal

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/3/27

Myself had the problem with uploaded pictures are not displayed, i figured out that the .htaccess file in the upload directory made that , after deleting this file everything went fine

ghia
  • 2010/12/6 14:44

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

As the file is important for security, try to edit it and find out which of the three directives are not acceptable by your server.
Keep the other in place.

sadistiko
  • 2010/12/6 15:08

• sadistiko

• Friend of XOOPS

I didn't add .httaccess file or change it.
www.xoopshr.org
Lowcost linux hosting:
www.adpgroup.hr

novlang1984

there are bugs into article tpl, especially if you activate pdf plugin detection (module options).

[off-topic] the display of images located into /uploads is impossible if your PHP version uses CGI. We have to edit .htaccess and to delete this :

Options -ExecCGI -Indexes

sadistiko
  • 2010/12/6 18:07

• sadistiko

• Friend of XOOPS

I don't have any .httaccess in uploads dir. Also, I turned off pdf detection plugin but again have same error. It looks I will back up all thing and reinstall
www.xoopshr.org
Lowcost linux hosting:
www.adpgroup.hr

sadistiko
  • 2010/12/10 17:35

• sadistiko

• Friend of XOOPS

I don't know what to say. I didn't work on that site for few days now and today, I said to myself, let's try again with my laptop, and it works!!! I tried on my main computer too, and it work there also! I don't know what and why but it works now and I'm happy.
www.xoopshr.org
Lowcost linux hosting:
www.adpgroup.hr

sadistiko
  • 2010/12/10 19:58

• sadistiko

• Friend of XOOPS

I think I found what caused this error. In tinymce when I try to use button for cleaning of messy code. After that tinymce wants to change all croatian specific letters to codes and I can't change any news article.
www.xoopshr.org
Lowcost linux hosting:
www.adpgroup.hr

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits