redheadedrod
What is required to allow RSS feeds from my site?

I haven't seen any RECENT mention of how to allow RSS feeds from a standard Xoops site. Is this something that is offered out of the box or how does it work?

I am a newbie to this...

I want to provide an RSS feed from my site to users so they can get updated information from the site.

Maybe an example of how this works with Xoops.org would be helpful as I would like to also connect to the RSS feeds here but have never tried.

Do we need specialized modules to provide the RSS content or is it something that Xoops just does out of the box? Since I haven't been able to find anything on this sort of thing for the past few years I am guessing I am missing something.

Then beyond that. If I have a series of modules that have information in them that I would like to provide to a RSS Feed does the module have to support RSS feeds somehow or again is it built into xoops?

Thanks.

Just trying to get a good understanding of how this all ties together.

Rodney

ghia
Re: What is required to allow RSS feeds from my site?
  • 2010/11/24 18:58

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

The modules are providing their RSS feeds. Examples are News, NewBB/CBB, etc.
It is also possible to extend /backendt.php (now only stories (from eg News, ...)).

redheadedrod

Ok so the RSS is pretty much an item of the module?

In my RSS "hub" it allows me to add a link so what link would I use for the news items here?

Rodney

ghia
  • 2010/11/25 7:35

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

redheadedrod

Thanks for the information. Will play around with it and try to understand it better.

Login

Who's Online

331 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 331

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits