Balzac
Publisher module
  • 2010/9/12 20:49

• Balzac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/1/11

I cannot post within Xoops Module Support forums! Therefore I post here.

In addition to topic Publisher
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=29&topic_id=71771&post_id=0&order=0&viewmode=flat&pid=329376

You cannot expect everybody knows how to work with turtoise to grab the latest Publisher svn files.
Since the release of Publisher 1.0 alpha in february 2009, a lot of changes and bugfixes have be made.
So please would somebody be so kind to zip the latest Publisher files and offer them as a total download.

@rgauci
You have cloned Publisher several times. It would be nice if you offer them to the community. Hence not everybody knows how to clone this module. I am sure you make lots of users happy.

I still miss a good content module. Smartsection had potential, but it takes a lot of sources. Also it lacks development.
I had my hopes on Publisher, but unfortunately it I don't see new releases offered by programmers.

Blue Move?

Thanks

Mamba
Re: Publisher module
  • 2010/9/13 2:47

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I zipped the latest Publisher files for you. You can download it from here
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Balzac
  • 2010/9/13 9:30

• Balzac

• Just popping in

Thanks.
Unfortunately it says the zipfile doesn't excist. I can see it, but cannot download it.

Mamba
  • 2010/9/13 10:29

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

OK, try it again....
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

rgauci
  • 2010/9/13 12:08

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/8/31

@rgauci You have cloned Publisher several timesIt would be nice if you offer them to the communityHence not everybody knows how to clone this moduleI am sure you make lots of users happy.

Once you setup Publisher, go to its admin panel and there on top there is a link called 'Clone' click on that, give your clone a name and you have a publisher clone. It is as easy as it can be.

Finally I would like to see Publisher developed further because I personally find it far better that 'news'. 'xnews' and others especially if you like to have images added to your articles. I used to use Smartsection but on exploring Publisher I never looked back.
Be Set FREE!

Balzac
  • 2010/9/13 23:55

• Balzac

• Just popping in

Thanks, download worked this time.

@rgauci
Cloning the module worked this time like a charme. Btw I had to change the chmod of the module dir into 777 ot run it properly. Afterwoods I changed it back to 755.
And yes I also would like to see this module further developed, because it is a very nice and fine content article module.
To my opinion you cannot compare news/ xnews with publisher (formally smartsection) because there are big differences between these two. Therefore you use them different.
One is news and the other for articles with more 'body' & additions.

P3DI
  • 2010/9/15 14:10

• P3DI

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/9/14

Hello

I downloaded Publisher from the link posted by Mamba above and installed it without any difficulties, however, when I try to access any of the features from the admin panel I get the following errors: (I am running the newest version of XOOPS)

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /hsphere/local/home/irbach/test.anastassiasfeir.com/modules/publisher/admin/index.php on line 41"

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /hsphere/local/home/irbach/test.anastassiasfeir.com/modules/publisher/admin/category.php on line 38"

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /hsphere/local/home/irbach/test.anastassiasfeir.com/modules/publisher/admin/item.php on line 44"

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /hsphere/local/home/irbach/test.anastassiasfeir.com/modules/publisher/admin/permissions.php on line 38"

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /hsphere/local/home/irbach/test.anastassiasfeir.com/modules/publisher/admin/mimetypes.php on line 213"

Any ideas?

Thanks

ghia
  • 2010/9/15 14:38

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Probably you have PHP 4, while 5 is required.

P3DI
  • 2010/9/15 14:46

• P3DI

• Just popping in

Another thought, this might be related to the version of PHP I have running on the server: 4.4.9. Will this version of Publisher only run on PHP 5?

Thanks

P3DI
  • 2010/9/15 18:16

• P3DI

• Just popping in

Thanks ghia, I suspected as much. Is it possible to use an older version of Publisher that is compatible with PHP 4.4.9? I don't have direct access to update PHP on the server, my client's hosting decision.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits