MySQL Version: 5.1.45
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache
Operating System: Vista 32
Theme you are using: default
Custom template: (No)
PHP Debug Messages: none
MySQL Debug Messages:none
Smarty Debug Messages: none

Module Names: amcontact, AMS, backpack, extcal, freecontent, lawsuit, ms_weather, multimenu, newbb, popnupblog, profile, protector,rss, sitemap, smartblocks,
smartclient, smartfaq, smartmail, smartobject, smartpartner, smartsection, spiders, x-whois, xcgal, xortify, startup, zox, tools, system.

Modules not activated are: amcontact,backpack, lawsuit, smartblocks, smartclient, smartmail,smartobject, smartpartner, and smartsection.

A full description of the issue:

As of today, when I attempted to log into my site:

http://www.montereybayimages.com/, I got only a white screen. I cannot get into my Admin area because there are no menus or other graphics, just a white page with the site address in the address box.

Just before this happened, I went to General Preferences and re-set the setting: I think I set "Do not allow these IP Addresses Access." I set this setting to NO, which evidently denies those IP Addresses access to the
sight. One of the IP addresses listed was 127.0.0.0.The other addresses, I cannot remember.

How can I get back to my site to re-set the General Preferences page? I think that may be the problem as I had no issues prior to taking that action.Additionally, I have not had a chance to try and access my site using
another computer with a different IP Address and Host to see if the site displays properly from another computer's IP Address.

I have access to the site at my Host, but I do not know where to start there or if I should attemtpt to modify anything on the server.

Your assistance is appreciated,

Thank you

playsome
Re: Display of web site with White Screen Only
  • 2010/9/6 23:10

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Hello, if you have set enable IP bans to NO then that should mean no ip addresses are banned from accessing the site.

127.0.0.1 is a local loopback address im not sure if you can ban all users by banning that address on a public webserver(you can if you host locally).

I cant access your site either, all i see is a white page so youve either innadvertantly banned all IP's(doubtfull) or you just have some php error

Try enabling debug by editing "include/common.php". Near line 83, change "error_reporting(0);" to "error_reporting(E_ALL);". and see if you get any errors to show up.

luthermartin
Re: Display of web site with White Screen Only

Playsome,

Thank you for your response. I located the file, include/common.php and made the changes. I was unable to enable debugging by editing and changing the file.

This is a problem that seems to have happened in one form or another to many XOOPS users. It just seems to happen under slightly different circumstances for each user.

I will keep browsing through the information from other users and hope for a solution. I need to upgrade, but this is the wrong time for it.

Again, thank you. If there are any more ideas out there, please share them.

Login

Who's Online

242 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 242

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits