Botats
Article information header AMS 3.0
  • 2010/9/4 0:13

• Botats

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/8/29

Can someone please tell me how to disable this function? I do not want that info showing up on articles.

"Article information header: which gives you author, audience, published date, version number, article ID and read counter at the top of each article"

I have been staring at code all day to no avail and I am getting cross-eyed. There must be a simple way to do this.

Please, Please, Please help.

redheadedrod
Re: Article information header AMS 3.0

You should be able to edit the templates for it?

The Templates are used to display the information and I am guessing the reason why you haven't found it in the programming code is because it is actually more likely in the Templates.

I believe you want to clone the default template, edit it, then use that one. The Template should be visible in the Admin menu of your version of Xoops.

You will also have to select the "update templates" option in the main preferences for Xoops as most of those are cached otherwise.

Should all be pretty self explanatory once you look at the options. If I am wrong hopefully someone will correct me but I believe that is where you want to start looking.

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Botats
  • 2010/9/4 3:38

• Botats

• Just popping in

Thanks for responding.

What specific line of code am I looking for and what do I change it to?

I do not see/have the default template in my admin area. It is called something else?

Update: I was able to get rid of some the info (publish time, date, reads etc) that I didn't want. Still working on getting rid of the article number, rating and links.

I would keep rating and links but it only works for administrators. For whatever reason I can't seem to find where to give the public permissions for those.

Again any help is appreciated.

Botats
  • 2010/9/7 9:51

• Botats

• Just popping in

I want to thank redheadedrod for pointing me in the right direction. I was finally able to resolve this issue.

bumciach
  • 2010/9/7 10:21

• bumciach

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/25

For information. Alternatively, to clone the default template, you can use the so-called Templates Overriding. (my preferred way)

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits