playsome
contact module with customizable to address?
  • 2010/8/7 22:33

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a contact form module, like xforms wehre you can create elements, but where you can specify and email address to send the email to and not just to admin email?

I have tried formulaire which apparently does have a field for entering an email address when you create a new form, however it still sends mail to the admin email address (why do so many modules not work as they should?)

If any one has hacked xforms or another contact module (im sure someone has its been a wanted feature for ages) then let me know, or if anyone has actually gotten formulaire to work please let me know here.

Thanks

Peekay
Re: contact module with customizable to address?
  • 2010/8/7 23:00

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Contact 1.6 enables multiple 'to' addresses to be set in the prefs. If the option is not enabled, it uses the Xoops admin email.

It works perfectly in Xoops 2.0.18 and 2.3 but I haven't tried it in 2.4. You can download it here on Xoops Sourceforge site.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

playsome
  • 2010/8/7 23:12

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Hey, thanks for your help.

I have installed it on 2.4 seems to be working OK but It does not seem to send mail to the spcified address when I activate the Display "Dept./Subject" Section and specify Dept, email.

I have been looking to modify xforms to even hard code in anotehr email address it would send to ( i only need to send to 1 address) but I cant figure it out at all.

If any can hack xforms to send to a different email address it would be great, even if the address has to be changed in the php file its better than nothing.

Cheers

Peekay
  • 2010/8/7 23:38

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Only info I can offer is to enable the 'Display dept/Subject' pref and enter the addresses in the 'Departments' field

General Enquiries,me@example.com|Sales Dept,sales@example.com

This is a really useful module, so I hope 2.4 hasn't broken it. I don't have a live 2.4 site so I would be interested to know if you get it working.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Hasanibrahim

I advice using liaise module.

ghia
  • 2010/8/14 10:08

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Trabis has also updated one.

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits