CalticBlue
CBB 3.08 Questions
  • 2010/7/22 10:55

• CalticBlue

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/7/22

Hello everyone.

First time user of xoops here, and once the website is complete I'll be more than willing to share it all with you. Right now I have it on lock down trying to fix templates, bugs, and problems I've been having with 2.4.5, and some modules that are WAY out of date.

I was having issues with 3.08, but I got it to work eventually. But anyways... My question is:

How do I change the "title" of the forums.

Where it says: "WebsiteTitle Forum."

I'd really like to change that "Forum." to "Forums"

I figured I'd ask here to save some time, since I've been knee deep dealing with other issues. Any help would be much appreciated.

CalticBlue
Re: CBB 3.08 Question - Changing "Title"
  • 2010/7/22 19:01

• CalticBlue

• Just popping in

No one knows!? QQ...

I'll figure it out today. I'll post it later, thanks all.

Tazman_al
  • 2010/7/22 19:53

• Tazman_al

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Look in the following folder for main.php Quote:
\modules\newbb\language\english

Look for the following around line 32
define('_MD_WELCOME','Welcome to %s Forum.');

Change this line and upload back to server.

Job done.

Al

Catzwolf
  • 2010/7/22 20:28

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

I am currently re-developing CBB right now and I can honestly say I have never seen a module that has so many hidden features in my life and with no way of changing what should be a simple task as changing the title or text in this manner.

For example: there is a file called plugin.php in the include folder that has an array that gets merged with xoopsModuleConfig. yet, there is nothing special about these variables and really should have been added in the correct manner and this would make them easily accessible.

Mazarin
  • 2010/7/22 20:40

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

Sounds very interesting Catzwolf. Care to tell us some more about what you're doing to the module?

Mamba
  • 2010/7/22 21:23

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I am currently re-developing CBB right now

I hope, you're building up on the 4.02 RC by Alfred (dhsoft), and we won't end up with several different versions of CBB?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Catzwolf
  • 2010/7/22 22:36

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

I'm doing this for my own personal use and yes, I am using that version as a starting point.

To be honest and very frank, I tried all the forums before I decided that the only way I was going to get what I wanted, was to recode it myself. Some of the changes in this version are nice, but some others will actually cause more problems than they will solve.

Also, the admin area is a complete and utter mess, and this goes back to just about every version I have used.

I also want to add in lots more administrator tools.

I have uploaded a working version to my site (Testing purposes) and you will see what I am aiming at look and feel wise.

http://www.xoosla.com/modules/newbb/

Depending on how I feel when it is finished and if I get enough requests I may release it.

Mamba
  • 2010/7/22 23:19

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Depending on how I feel when it is finished and if I get enough requests I may release it.

Well, I hope, that you'll come with some good ideas, that could be then reconciled with the German version, so everybody benefits from it.

Otherwise we'll end up again with a similar situation to what you've described with WF-Section - too many versions floating around, with users being confused which one to use.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Catzwolf
  • 2010/7/23 0:18

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

I think you misinterpreted me as to regards of the WF-Section module. I am not just merely not changing a few lines of code or adding something else, I am basically in the process of re-factoring the code and I am pretty sure that when I am finished there will be too many differences between the versions.

I have pretty much removed much of the code that they added in for the reasons I stated above.

Plus, as someone once said, choice is sometimes good.

CalticBlue
  • 2010/7/23 0:19

• CalticBlue

• Just popping in

Thanks a bunch for the help guys. Yeah some of these modules are a pain in the butt that I have to go in and edit most of it. I'm very new to PhP and its the sole reason I went with a CMS. Xoops seemed to fit my needs the most.

But you guys really have to clean out the module download section or something. Some of these modules are horrible, or just dont work with the newest version of xoops 2.4.5

I have a feeling I'll be back on these forums soon asking more questions :)

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits