jype
2 xoops portal 1 database?
  • 2010/6/21 8:31

• jype

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/6/13

Hi all!

I have a question:

Do you think I can have 2 differents domain name and xoops (same version 2.4 but different modules, and english/french, ...) with only one database and user can login on the 2 differents domain with the same user and password!?

I hope someone try before and can give more info!
thank you.

webmystar
Re: 2 xoops portal 1 database?
  • 2010/6/21 10:00

• webmystar

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/6/23

Look it here: (multisite)
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=71093&forum=29&post_id=325587#forumpost325587

anderssk
  • 2010/6/21 13:55

• anderssk

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/3/21

You can also redirect one of the domains to the other.
Then use the permissions/usergroups for showing blocks (module access) and xlanguage for the language.

Alternatively redirect one domain to a subdomain on the other domain, but then the users have to use two logons ore You can create a Cron-job to copy useres from one MySQL DB to the other..

Multisite have many core hacks, so you can end up with version 2.4.4 and no oppertunity for upgrade to newer versions of XOOPS.

linux-ws
  • 2010/7/20 21:05

• linux-ws

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/7/20

Reply to: jype

If you are trying to use 2 XOOPS installations on your websites, here are few ideas:

1. You can use sub-domains to point to different XOOPS installations on your website. Example: xoops1.domain.com, xoops2.domain.com; or test-xoops.domain.com; and domain.com (as the main site that uses the xoops php script).

2. For the database problem: 1. You can either use 2 different MySQL databases for the XOOPS installations, or you can; 2. Use the same MySQL database name, but create 2 different MySQL users, and then add those users with full MySQL permissions to your main MySQL database.

Keep in mind, you can use as many users with 1 MySQL database, you just have to add those users to your MySQL database, and give those users permission to access the databases.

Note: I would recommend that you use separate passwords for each MySQL user / database - for extra security.

Thank you very much.

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits