nmshah
Re: What a ranker!
  • 2010/5/22 17:15

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/7/2 8

Quote:
Actually I have been working on X3 full-time since long time ago, every day and night. Even for right now, it is 12:40 in the evening for me, I am still writing code X3.
Thus I have been quiet on the forum, just discuss SVN topics with other developers in mail list.

The good thing is that after so long time hard design and development, a brand new architecture with basic services is being finalized. Actually I have started to invite other designers and developers for internal preview, especially ajax for user experience improvement.

I hope a small group of developers and designers will start to expand the X3.

When? I would say very likely in two weeks.
before that, we will have a brief architecture description and by next week.

DJ again with all respect to you as you have done far more for xoops then i can even hope too and so maybe I am not the right person to poke my nose here but since I love xoops and am greateful to all those who have worked for xoops,
Why are you the only one working on xoops 3 when there are many developers ready to provide you a helping hand?

kraven30
  • 2010/5/22 18:36

• kraven30

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/12/23

Quote:
and what about the 2.5 ajax develop by xoops france team...what is xoops next plan?...
if xoops 3.0 comes out...how it will be merge with 2.5 ajax ?
We don't develop xoops 2.5 because we do not know if our work will be included or not in xoops 3.0. We do not want to work for nothing.

noo-b
  • 2010/5/22 22:41

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

Phpp

i would like to request of merging of 2.5 and 3.0 and put it in svn for people to test as soon as possible...

You guys have proved that merging 2.0 of 2.2 together is doable...so this will not be a problem right

lets not put the xoops france team work aside...merge 2.4.5 + 2.5 + 3.0 together asap

i'll wait

Quote:

We need to finish the 2.45 release in the weekend.
After that we will have more and more on our new version of XOOPS, for sure.

When? I would say very likely in two weeks.
before that, we will have a brief architecture description and by next week.

I hope this time is for real

I LoVE XOOPS !!!
I Love Xoops

bjuti
  • 2010/5/23 0:38

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Quote:
Sorry but the way Xoops is developed has to change, or by the time Xoops v3 does come out, there might not be anyone there to use it.

Amen!

Together we stand divided we fall!

I'm a just an user, but I know what I, or any other user want. Leadership, a plan, bunch of modules, team spirit, a perspective...

Don't get me wrong. Xoops is (for me) great CMS. But it has a problem with marketing. That's normal because there is no plans, no efforts how to achive that.

Have you ever tried Joomla? It's dumb! It's like for girls. But it works! It's popular! Why? Roadmap, a plan, a future, a marketing.

So please: Someones rank isn't so important. Let's rename it just in 'developer' so it's nevermind does it work on the core or the modules. Everyone could put his title in signature.

Look this forum now. There is less and less users on it. People don't wanna see the fight here. In public.

How could I tell someone to use Xoops when he could come on forum and see this (this is not the first one).

Or maybe that Joomla isn't so dumb... :)

wishcraft

the truth is the admin here need to get him some professional mental heath service before he pisses of the wrong dude and gets his head shot through..

Well I did do a roadmap and plan for 2.6 -- But I am tired of a mentally ill view that thinks for example in profile module and array could be stored in a varchar(255) -- who never present clean code, who changes are so childlike they make no sense and never offer any form of documentation or direction and just want to respond in really sickly unheathy dribble.

I take me meds cause i need to, perhaps you should seek some professional help

Why dont you look at this odd 4000 words, I have never seent this from trabis, phppp, catzwolf, mamba (who reporting never seems to mention google ad word profits)..

http://cid-6580d2a11c091017.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/XOOPS%20Media/Documents/XOOPS%202.6.x (link edited May 23)

I mean I have asked people so many time to document the changes they are making.. Like preloads I had to document for trabis cause everyone was WTF.

Recently I did a post that stated some of the modular code in XOOPS was a bit bipolar and schizophrenic from it construct event guides is an excellent example of skizophrenic code or what about those module of cut and paste and relabled for the english community by phppp.

I really think you are a prude and self centered mamba, I am really glad I don't have to have anything at all to do with a self center self loathing fool that can't humble himself and appologies who thinks because he has locked everyone with a higher rank than just a moderator out of the control here and basically done a Take Over is a smart man..

Cause i can assure you without a doubt it is going to come back and haunt you badly..

I mean lets look at this for a second, in my life time I have faced death by various weapons a number of times, my hotmail account was given to me by a US Defense commander for taking delievery or more navigating delievey of the US Armies profit from drugs campaign to fund the Gulf war in clintons time as well as number of other times and the only reason i am still alive today is I am humbled by my experiences.

I don't think your a man, I think your a child.. I mean honest the number of times I have been emailed by various government departments in XOOPS cause they use it for offers of employment I should have taken them up not stuck to my views of they burnt me once they will do it again with responses like - i am not really suitable for government work. I work for the government now as a XOOPS Developer and some of those departments I have worked for in the past don't answer to anyone they are black light operations. I am sure a couple of them would like to meet with you mamba to discuss this Take Over of yours..

Personally catz, I think we should get a letter from the main contributors listed on the SVN in the last 4 years and use that option sourceforge offer you to remove irrspective of clause admins from the soureforge project.

I mean they have nothing date stamped to say they do anything. Also going over most of mambas last 100 posts to people they don't even seem like a valued response all they are at intraverted posts to increase count and apparant status of a moderator.

That like the other admin don't contribute only cause problems like the one we saw in 2006, 2003 and so on.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

wishcraft

Quote:
DJ again with all respect to you as you have done far more for xoops then i can even hope too and so maybe I am not the right person to poke my nose here but since I love xoops and am greateful to all those who have worked for xoops.

well lets look att he last four years.

* Tag 2.3 RC - Never finished
* Newbb 4.0 - Never finished
* X-Language - Rebadge of another author
* Core Model - Rebadge of another author

Really the man does nothing more than sit in a little idological world that he is either needed or wanted.
Resized Image

alfred
  • 2010/5/23 11:45

• alfred

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/10/29

Quote:

wishcraft wrote:

* Newbb 4.0 - Never finished

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5317

and see my signature
and now ends with the nursery!!!

wishcraft

Quote:
and see my signature
and now ends with the nursery!!!

Yeah alfred i am well aware you had to finish of newbb cause of client demand as well as the fact it sat there for 4 years in RC.

I also had to rebadge cbb 3.xx cause it wouldn't run on australian standard apache xoops installs or others at all for grandmas and kniting forums.
Resized Image

wishcraft

Quote:
Or maybe that Joomla isn't so dumb... :)

Joomla not dumb, Andy the professor here works in joomla all the time, he is converting all the chronolabs modules from what I am approaching him on, I need to find someone who can co-operatively work in drupal as well.. and make a symula module pile called chronolabs..

Joomla is good for clients that don't need to many options, the only problem is there is no protection like protector in xoops which means on some shared hosting arrangements the application can be starved. Sometime all CMS Spit out unusual errors this is generally because of starvation of a Computer Shared hosting environment.

However if you have some from the drupal crowd that just like there drupies then drupal is the key don't offer them anything else, there is alot of material on these.

Disclaimer: Chronolabs can neither confirm nor deny that de ja vu you are experiences isn't time travel somewhere.
Resized Image

Mamba
  • 2010/5/23 17:37

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

@ Wishcraft

Quote:
Really the man does nothing more than sit in a little idological world that he is either needed or wanted.

Quote:
But I am tired of a mentally ill cretin that thinks for example in profile module and array could be stored in a varchar(255) -- who never present clean code, who changes are so childlike they make no sense and never offer any form of documentation or direction and just want to respond in mentally ill dribble.

Please stop with personal attacks. You started this thread with profanities, personal attacks, flaming, and you continue doing so. With that you are in violation of our XOOPSiquette and our Terms of Use, as everybody else.

You accused me that I've deleted your post in the past. So this time I've left your posts is this thread intact, so people can see why your previous post has been deleted - because of personal attacks. I also told you then that if you re-do that post in question, we'll be glad to post it.

The rules are very simple on our Forums - we need to follow the XOOPSiquette and our Terms of Use. If people continue to ignore the rules, despite a warning, their account will be suspended, and eventually banned.

I said it before and I say it again - we do appreciate your contributions to XOOPS, but it doesn't give you a license to flame people and attack them. This has to stop.

I hope that you'll step back and reconsider your approach and behavior here.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits