Peekay
Catads 1.53 Import File Replacement Available
  • 2010/4/28 21:15

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

The 'Import' feature in Catads 1.53 is designed to import data from the 'Classifieds' module from JLMZone. You must have the Classifieds module installed for this to work.

Unfortunately, the original version of Catads didn't check for this, so pressing the 'Import' button (just to see what happens) will DELETE any ads, categories and options that you might have already set up!.

I have just discovered this... the hard way.

If you don't plan to use this feature, just stay away from the Import screen. If you want to use it, you can download a replacement for 'admin/import.php' from the project page that prevents accidental deletions and imports some additional data from Classifieds.

Before importing you will first need to edit 'admin/import.php' and set a default currency, e.g. 'Euros' and set the default ad-duration, e.g. 30 days. These prefs cannot be directly imported from Classifieds.

Then follow the steps as described in the import screen and the categories, options, ads and images should all be imported. You will need to make region, departements and post-code fields 'not asked for' in Catads prefs and you'll need to open and save each ad manually if you want to generate tags.

It seems to work and you are welcome to try it, but I didn't design it and I have only tried it on a few ads. I cannot provide support if you try and import a hundred ads and it fails!
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

mariane
Re: Catads 1.53 Import File Replacement Available
  • 2010/4/29 11:34

• mariane

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/1/11

thanks for supporting this module
the road of success is always under construction

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits