Peekay
Re: Catads 1.53
  • 2010/4/22 15:30

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

That's great.

Please keep an eye on the project page on dev.xoops.org as there are likely to be some more bug-fix releases over the next few weeks.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

sailjapan

Does anyone else get this error? The mod worked fine for a few days then came up with this:

Quote:
Error: Smarty error: [in db:catads_index.html line 16]: syntax error: unclosed tag \{if} (opened line 16). (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 317)
Backtrace:
/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php (1093)
/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php (1815)
/class/smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php (2256)
/class/smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php (317)
/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php (1489)
/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php (1422)
/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php (1261)
/class/theme.php (441)
/footer.php (70)
/modules/catads/index.php (283)
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Peekay
  • 2010/4/25 10:12

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Thx sailjapan, I'll take a look at it.

Some of the conditional statements only kick-in when a certain number of ads or categories are reached, so it may not be a problem when the module is first installed.

Peekay
  • 2010/4/26 12:59

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

@Sailjapan, sorry but I cannot replicate this at all. Everything on the index page seems to work including the admin block for waiting-ads. I tried changing column layout etc. but the Smarty compiler won't throw an error for me no matter what I do.

All the statements seem correctly terminated but I will double check. Unfortunately, the comments are all in French so it takes me a while to understand the code logic sometimes.

There is now another update to Catads 1.53.2 available, plus a patch. This fixes some problems with notifications and anonymous comment posting.

vikrant
  • 2010/5/3 4:34

• vikrant

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/9

I am getting the following error when installing
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

Error: Smarty error: [in db:catads_item.html line 64]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'html_table' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 590)
is there something wrong that i have done...

Peekay
  • 2010/5/3 11:18

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Thx for reporting vikrant.

I can see the offending line in 'templates/catads_item.html'.
Line 64

<!--<{if $annonce.img 0}><{$smarty.const._MD_CATADS_PHOTO}>
          <{
html_table loop $annonce.photo rows $annonce.nbcols table_attr='border="0" bgcolor="#cccccc"'}>
          <{/if}> -->

The code is unused and has been commented out, along with the line above it. However, each line is not commented individually which is the safest method. There should also be a gap after the first comment code.

I will fix it for the next release. In the meantime, please edit this file and simply delete the above lines.

btesec
  • 2010/5/4 15:53

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

Hi Peeky,
I am testing the xoops2_mod_catads_1.53.2.zip version but the autoapprove/moderation feature seems not working since its disabled but seems I still need to approve entries I made myself. I want my allowed users to post their entries without approval. I certainly like this module because of the search feature and the way the info is presented. Probably need to work on the presentation of front end a bit more like adslike mod.

Peekay
  • 2010/5/4 16:45

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Hi btesec.

Sorry you are having a problem. The moderate-ads option works OK on my test setup. If I leave it 'off' then ads are posted straight away. If moderate-ads is 'on', the ads show up as 'waiting' and I can approve them in admin.

Unfortunately, I am testing with Xoops 2.23 and PHP 4 so if you have a problem with later versions it could be Xoops or PHP specific.

Do you have any debug messages that might help me?

I changed the main ad template to use the Xoops theme, but if you are changing the 'look' there are some classes still used from 'CSS/stylesheet.css'.

btesec
  • 2010/5/4 19:37

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

OK, I will do an update for the mod on my installation. Hope that this mod is clonable sometime so it can be used for various purposes. What about the possibility to attach files such as PDF, etc and the ability to create extra or necessary fields, a field for buy now or sort of..

btesec
  • 2010/5/5 19:06

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

OK sorry about the Moderation issue. I overlooked the publish date field which seems to be automatically enter a date and time ahead of the time the entry is made.

Suggestions:
- It would be good if that field can pickup the current date and time to publish so other users posting would wonder what happend if they overlook the publish date field.

- Ability to Create and clone a block and be able to select the ads from specific category to be displayed in that block and determine how many ads to display every time.

-ability to post/list (cross-category-posting) ads under multiple categories

What about including a field like for unit (per day, per week, per trip, etc)

I'll update this list

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits