barryc
Bug in profile search
  • 2010/4/16 16:10

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

There is a bug in the search function in the profile module in Xoops 2.4.4. If one does a search that results in more hits than are shown on the page, links to additional pages are shown at the bottom of the results page. However, if one clicks on a subsequent page the result shown changes from the original found set to all users. So, the number of pages of hits might, for example, jump from 20 to 200, depending on how many users are on the site.

I recently found that there was a similar bug in the search function for the Lexikon module. That was fixed for me by zyspec.

Incidentally, I still think the way date fields are auto-filled in the profile module is a real problem. They get auto-filled with a date in 1969 so when entering a new user one has to page through multiple years and months using the drop down calendar. It would be better to have a null for the default entry and have the calendar default to the current date.

barryc
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

mboyden
Re: Bug in profile search
  • 2010/4/17 17:33

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

barryc wrote:Quote:
Incidentally, I still think the way date fields are auto-filled in the profile module is a real problem. They get auto-filled with a date in 1969 so when entering a new user one has to page through multiple years and months using the drop down calendar. It would be better to have a null for the default entry and have the calendar default to the current date.
I'd agree on this one myself. The developers of the formulize module - freeformsolutions.ca - have a fix for this that works at least through XOOPS 2.3.3b (I haven't checked how it works with the 2.4.x series yet). You can download their formulize module and read through that. Don't forget to include the <{calendarjs}> in your theme, though, if you want to use the pop-up calendar.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

barryc
  • 2010/4/17 18:12

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

mboyden,

I'd like to try this on my test site. Can you be a little more specific about where to find the fix? I have downloaded formulize but what do you mean by "read through it" - do you mean the docs, the code, or??

I'd really appreciate a pointer to where to find this fix.

barryc
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

mboyden
  • 2010/4/17 19:58

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Included in the download, after extracting will be a zip file with a name like formulize_date_update or something like that (I'm not at my office atm). That contains the "fix"/hack. However it's based on a file from like 2.0.7 or something like that. While it will work as is in 2.3.3b and before (and possibly after, but I think 2.4.x has jQuery calendar in it now), it doesn't include a couple of security changes that happened to the files since then. However, there are instructions about how to incorporate it in the formulize docs that are included with the download and in their on-line instructions. Myself, I did a diff of the changes with the original file and then incorporated those changes into the latest versions of the files.

More info on page 1 item 4 of the Formulize 3.1 Readme pdf.

In that document it points to a write-up of the date issue as provided to the XOOPS core team eons ago and was never incorporated for some reason or another (that was during the reign of the team that created the now-abandoned/incorporated 2.2 branch. Maybe I should take that on as a personal task.

Anyhoos, hope that helps.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Login

Who's Online

259 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 259

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits