frankblack
Loading And Blocking JavaScript
  • 2010/4/14 11:16

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Sounds interesting to me, perhaps for XOOPS too?

Quote:
LABjs (Loading And Blocking JavaScript) is an open-source (MIT license) project supported by Getify Solutions. The core purpose of LABjs is to be an all-purpose, on-demand JavaScript loader, capable of loading any JavaScript resource, from any location, into any page, at any time. LABjs by default will load (and execute) all scripts in parallel as fast as the browser will allow. However, you can easily specify which scripts have execution order dependencies and LABjs will ensure proper execution order. This makes LABjs safe to use for virtually any JavaScript resource, whether you control/host it or not, and whether it is standalone or part of a larger dependency tree of resources. LABjs is intended to be a replacement for "<script> tag soup" -- that is all the <script> tags that commonly appear in the <head> or end of the <body> of your HTML page. It uses an expressive, chaining API to specify which scripts to load, and when to wait ("block"), if necessary, for execution before proceeding with further execution. The API also easily allows inline code execution coupling (think: inline <script> tags).

The whole story

frankblack
Re: Loading And Blocking JavaScript
  • 2010/4/15 6:37

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Noone seeing the benefits here? Well I do, so I make my own tests with this software and will report her - perhaps.

Everyone working with jquery will know that at some points jquery is nitpicking when it comes to ordering the scripts.

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits