chrometuna
Mangling themes and destroying stuff.
  • 2010/3/28 22:47

• chrometuna

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/24

Hi!
I'm not really a total noob, but I havnt posted here in a long while. Yes, Ive done searches, but havnt really found what Im looking for.

Ive got a site at:
www.chrometuna.com

I really liked the maitsco classic theme, but I needed to butcher it.

I wanted my 'broadcast box' to appear as high in the page as I could get it, and still have some kind of menu in view. I wanted it all the way across the page.

With the help of this topic:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19242&forum=15&post_id=82188#forumpost82188

I accomplished that fairly well.
Now I'm trying to find a way to make that box ONLY appear on the front page, and one other page. I know I can do that by fiddling with boxes eventually.

But one thing I am trying to do NOW is put boxes, for things like "Top story" or "Spotlight" in a couple of the sliding boxes at the top of the page.

I kinda sorta got it to work in one of the sliding boxes, but how do I get it (With different boxes/content) to show up in all THREE sliders? You'd have to look at my page to see what I mean. Is there a way to show a different box in each slider box? Like a "recent news" box, and "Spotlight news" box, and whatever box? ATM I am using the boxes sacrificed for right collumns.

Is there a way to use <start rightbox loop> <end rightbox loop> then <start right box loop> etc, to make different boxes from different modules that would normly be on the right side?

Im not sure how to phrase the question to show what I am asking.

Also, with AMS, clicking on the "read more" leads to a broken link, or just the same intro text and no artical. Whats up with that?

NOW an easier question: I want to make those sliding boxes smaller, to fit the size of the sliding pics Im using. I havnt found a size code or line that will make those boxes smaller. I COULD make the pics smaller to fill the whole box. But I wanted the boxes smaller. AND maybe to add yet another box up there.

Any help? Or have I made any sense at all?

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits