XOOPS Version - XOOPS 2.3.2
PHP Version - 5.2.6
MySQL Version - 4.1.22
Server API Version - apache2handler
OS Version - Linux

I want to go to 2.4.4 (at least)

Question: When reviewing instructions to upgrade, I see:
"1. Get the right update package from the sourceforge file repository"

And at sourceforge, the available update packages do NOT include one for 2.3.2.

There's one from 2.3.3b...but not 2.3.2.

So, OK, I'm thinking I can patch from 2.3.2 to 2.3.3b...but there is NOT ANY patch from 2.3.2 to anything. You can patch from 2.3.2a, or 2.3.2b...but AFAIK, I don't have 2.3.2a or b.

I have 2.3.2.

So...what do I do with that? Why am I so different? Must I always be the problem child?

Q2: Is the second alpha stable enough to roll with?

Thanks!
James
:)

sailjapan
Re: Upgrade path?

Re Q1:
From the release notes of the 2.4.4 complete package
Quote:
Upgrading from XOOPS 2.3.x and 2.4.x(easy way)
1. Get the right update package from the sourceforge file repository
2. Overwrite files in XOOPS directory on your server with the content of /htdocs
* make sure that you copy the content of /xoops_lib to whatever directory you keep it on the server now (it should be your current XOOPS_TRUST_PATH directory), then delete the /xoops_lib directory. There can NOT be two directories with the content of /xoops_lib
3. If you have Protector previously installed, open the "mainfile.php" file , and remove the Pre-check and Post-check lines (if they exist):

include XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php' ;
include XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/postcheck.inc.php' ;

4. If you're upgrading from XOOPS 2.4.x, make the file /include/license.php writeable (permission 0777 on Linux)
5. Access <your.site.url>/upgrade/ with a browser, and follow the instructions
6. Follow the instructions to update your database
7. Delete the "upgrade" folder from your server
8. Update the "system" module from the modules administration interface. Other modules, especially "Profile" and "Protector" are recommended to update as well

Re Q2:
No, it's an Alpha release, not even Beta yet. Certainly not ready for production sites.

james02
  • 2010/3/26 0:20

• james02

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/3/25

I thought I was clear - I read the release notes, and understand what it says. Perfectly. I know I need to "Get the right update package from the sourceforge file repository".

Once again:
I have XOOPS 2.3.2
Not 2.3.2a
Not 2.3.2b

I would really like to have 2.3.2a (or b) because then I could patch.

For some reason unknown to me, version 2.3.2 is the single only isolated version of XOOPS that is NOT listed on sourceforge. I am presuming here that the "x" in 2.3.x needs to be exactly the same.

There is :
XOOPS 2.4.3
XOOPS 2.4.2
XOOPS 2.4.1
XOOPS 2.4.0
XOOPS 2.3.3b
XOOPS 2.3.3
XOOPS 2.3.2b
XOOPS 2.3.2a

<<< hellooooo --- no 2.3.2 --->>>

XOOPS 2.3.1
XOOPS 2.3.0

So, I would really like to upgrade. Should I just try the 2.3.2a upgrade, even though it's not exactly the same as my 2.3.2 install? I guess to be crystal clear, since there is not a 2.3.2 patch, what is the "right update package"?

And really, why is it that 2.3.2 just isn't there? It's like a conspiracy. Or something.

And thanks for the info on the alpha.

james02
  • 2010/3/26 0:33

• james02

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/3/25

Aha.

Found this in the distro rel notes.

...the 2.3.2b release we have security fixes improved with help from DSRG.

color me solved.

But you really should make the ... oh nevermind.

sailjapan

Glad you've sorted it out.

Just to be clear, and for anyone else reading this thread in the future, 2.3.x means any version of the 2.3 series, and 'the right update package' is always included in the latest release.
In James02's case, he wants to upgrade from 2.3.2 to the latest version (currently 2.4.4). 'right' in this case means the version you want to upgrade to (2.4.4). There are no plain upgrade packages for xoops. All stable releases include the entire core with instructions on how to upgrade your current installation included.

As an aside, the 'a' and 'b' in versions 2.3.2 and the 'b' in 2.3.3 do not denote 'alpha' and 'beta' as one might think, but (for reasons that escape me) were actually bug fixes/security patches.

For the latest stable release, look in the "XOOPS Core (stable releases)" folder on Sourceforge.

Hope that clears things up.

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits