Dedale
Problems with Wiwimod / SimplyWiki with Xoops 2.4.4
  • 2010/3/1 15:54

• Dedale

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/1/12

Hello,

I'm experiencing some problems with both of these modules in 2 different installations on XOOPS 2.4.4 . One is an upgraded French site from XOOPS 2.0.16 (all other modules are working well) the other one is a new installation. I did install Wiwimod 0.8.3 before installing SimplyWiki 1.1.1 on the new installation.

Problems:

1.On both installations, I'm unable to change preferences in admin mode which is very frustrating. After saying Ok it brings me back to the system configuration.

2.On updated installation, I don't know why, all links have mediawiki instead of wiwimod in the links. So it's impossible to access pages from the regular wiwimod homepage or to create new pages.

All links are presented like this:
http://www.xxxxx.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?page=home

instead of
http://www.xxxx.com/modules/wiwimod/index.php?page=home

mediawiki was installed a long time ago but has been removed from the installation, it's still present in the module directory. Except from moving from one server to another one and upgrading from XOOPS 2.0.16 to 2.4.4 no other changes have been done to this module. It was working perfectly before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Dedale

Dedale
Re: Problems with Wiwimod / SimplyWiki with Xoops 2.4.4
  • 2010/3/1 16:27

• Dedale

• Friend of XOOPS

Hello,

Admin is still no working but ...

I did find part of the solution for the mediawiki in a French message by flaggada on frxoops.org

In Directory /class/textsanitizer/wiki/config.php

Replace ligne 26:

'link' => XOOPS_URL . "/modules/mediawiki/?title=%s",// The link to wiki module

by

'link' => XOOPS_URL . "/modules/wiki/index.php?page=%s",// The link to wiki module

In my case, with an updated French Website, I also needed to modify the charset to ISO-8859-1.

2 other problems I can see ...

1) the question marks are not showing for pages that are not started

2) All pages are showing up in a pop-up window.

Please let me know if you have an idea for this strange behavior.

Will test it further.

Kind Regards
Dedale

nmshah
  • 2010/3/1 19:16

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/7/2 8

I had a similar problem on XOOPS 2.4.4 and simplywiki. I simply changed the admin theme from oxygen to default. And the admin started working fine in simplywiki. See if this helps. Also I think this could be a bug with the oxygen admin theme.

Dedale
  • 2010/3/1 19:41

• Dedale

• Friend of XOOPS

Hello nmshah and others,

thanks a lot for the information, after a couple of test, it appears that you need to change the XOOPS admin theme after installation. It works both with oxygen and default (if you update your admin theme to a new one) but sometimes (specially with oxygen), it need to be updated again.

Still some problems on my French updated site XOOPS 2.0.16 to XOOPS 2.4.4 with Iso :

1) No question marks for new pages

2) Still pup-up in new window (just on page created by user to another page created by user and not in page created by Wiwimod like Index or navigation page links)

I really have no clue how to fix those problems

Kind Regards
Dedale

btesec
  • 2010/3/2 19:44

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

would be good to see the simplywiki module be developed further since is offers very good and simple collaboration environment. There is inspiration from google wave see it herehttp://wave.google.com/about.html#video

skenow
  • 2010/3/23 2:34

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

1) No question marks for new pages

Is the image missing? Check the source of the page.

Quote:

2) Still pup-up in new window (just on page created by user to another page created by user and not in page created by Wiwimod like Index or navigation page links)

Again, check the source of the page, specifically the page link. If the wiki plugin for XOOPS is also defining wiki links, it may be placing an attribute (target="_blank") in the link to open it in a new window.

Quote:

by btesec on 2010/3/2 19:44:22

would be good to see the simplywiki module be developed further since is offers very good and simple collaboration environment.

I do continue to develop SimplyWiki, version 1.1.1 was just released as a final in December and I have a list of improvements that will be added in 1.2. I've even ensured it continues to work in XOOPS.

Functionality, such as you see in Wave, is not currently being considered.

btesec
  • 2010/3/23 15:27

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

skenow,
great to hear you will continue the development of this useful module. Where can the community collaborate with you in testing and making suggestions. Well Google wave is well beyond. The idea is to use Simplywiki for people to collaborate more effectively on compiling documents. Would like a feature to export the wiki pages to pdf or ms-word so I can keep the formatting and for printing. Also have noticed that text is mixed into one paragraph when trying to compare versions.
Would be good have input.
Thanks.

skenow
  • 2010/3/23 23:32

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

This
forum thread
began the transition from Wiwimod to SimplyWiki and I've been releasing updates on a fairly regular basis. The best place to keep up with releases is on my site (always in my signature). Having to monitor several sites for support requests is quite a time waster.

I check these forums from time-to-time, and have Google alerts check for any wiwimod/simplywiki references. Contact me directly through my site - I wished we would get emails when someone sent us a PM.

You can get PDF output with the current version of SimplyWiki, but the library needs to be updated so UTF8/multibyte languages are converted properly - it's on the list of things to do.

The diff function could be improved somewhat, but isn't high on my list of things. I'll have another look at it.

Thanks for all your interest!

btesec
  • 2010/3/24 14:34

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks. I'll visit your site an hope can be of some help.

Thanks.

btesec
  • 2010/3/24 22:44

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

Here is a quick review of the latest simplywiki 1.1.1 on XOOPS 2.4.4. Hope its helpful:

preferences updated properly
When updating preferences using the icon/link from the left column
http://localhost/portal/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences&op=showmod&mod=85
http://localhost/portal/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences

When updating preferences using the module icon on the right column
http://localhost/portal/modules/simplywiki/admin/admin.php?fct=preferences
http://localhost/portal/modules/simplywiki/admin/preferences.php
i get this at header instead:
_AM_SWIKI_SYS_CFG

need keep/display tables when comparing

also what about keeping the content formatting when comparing. probably just indicate what was added or removed using the left section where the - or + signs appear in green or red, in this way the content formatting such as font size, text color, tables, images (images displaying ok now just need to enter a return to ensure the image and text are seprated in a new line) can be displayed when comparing.

PDF work ok when creating PDF from pages with text and tables only, I get an error when printing a page with images:
FPDF error: Missing or incorrect image file:http://localhost/portal/../../uploads/img4b610fab4ec06.jpg

Update Editors for XOOPS 2.4.4 as follows or you will get a blank page at front end i.e. when creating or editing pages:
in /simplywiki/index.php edit as follows

replace this code
/* switch ($editor) {
default:
case 0 : // standard xoops
$t_area = new XoopsFormDhtmlTextArea(_MD_SWIKI_BODY_FLD, 'body', $pageObj->body, '30', '70');

break;
case 1 : // XoopsEditor
include_once (XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/class/xoopseditor/xoopseditor.php');
$editorhandler = new XoopsEditorHandler();
$editor_name = ($editOptions != '') ? $editOptions : $xoopsModuleConfig['XoopsEditor'];

$options['caption'] = _MD_SWIKI_BODY_FLD;
$options['name'] ='body';
$options['value'] = $pageObj->body;
$options['rows'] = 25;
$options['cols'] = 60;
$options['width'] = '100%';
$options['height'] = '400px';
$t_area = & $editorhandler->get($editor_name, $options, 'textarea');
if($t_area){
$editorhandler->setConfig(
$t_area,
array(
'filepath' => XOOPS_UPLOAD_PATH.'/'.$xoopsModule->getVar('dirname'),
'upload' => true,
'extensions' => array('txt', 'jpg', 'zip')
));
}
break;

case 2 : // Spaw class
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/class/xoopseditor/spaw/formspaw.php';
$t_area = new XoopsFormSpaw(_MD_SWIKI_BODY_FLD, 'body', $pageObj->body, '100%', '400px');
break;
case 3 : // HTMLArea class
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/class/htmlarea/formhtmlarea.php';
$t_area = new XoopsFormHtmlarea(_MD_SWIKI_BODY_FLD, 'body', $pageObj->body, '100%', '400px');
break;
case 4 : // Koivi
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . '/class/koivi/formwysiwygtextarea.php';
$t_area = new XoopsFormWysiwygTextArea( _MD_SWIKI_BODY_FLD, 'body', $pageObj->body , '100%', '400px','');
break;
case 5 : // FCK class
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/class/fckeditor/formfckeditor.php';
$t_area = new XoopsFormFckeditor(_MD_SWIKI_BODY_FLD, 'body', $pageObj->body, '100%', '400px');
break; */

With this code

switch ($editor) {
default:
case '0' : // standard xoops
$t_area = new XoopsFormDhtmlTextArea(_MD_SWIKI_BODY_FLD, 'body', $pageObj->body, '30', '70');

break;
case '1' : // XoopsEditor
include_once (XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/class/xoopseditor/xoopseditor.php');
$editorhandler = new XoopsEditorHandler();
$editor_name = ($editOptions != '') ? $editOptions : $xoopsModuleConfig['XoopsEditor'];

$options['caption'] = _MD_SWIKI_BODY_FLD;
$options['name'] ='body';
$options['value'] = $pageObj->body;
$options['rows'] = 25;
$options['cols'] = 60;
$options['width'] = '100%';
$options['height'] = '400px';
$t_area = & $editorhandler->get($editor_name, $options, 'textarea');
if($t_area){
$editorhandler->setConfig(
$t_area,
array(
'filepath' => XOOPS_UPLOAD_PATH.'/'.$xoopsModule->getVar('dirname'),
'upload' => true,
'extensions' => array('txt', 'jpg', 'zip')
));
}
break;

case '2' : // Spaw class
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/class/xoopseditor/spaw2/formspaw.php';
$t_area = new XoopsFormSpaw(_MD_SWIKI_BODY_FLD, 'body', $pageObj->body, '100%', '400px');
break;
case '3' : // HTMLArea class
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/class/htmlarea/formhtmlarea.php';
$t_area = new XoopsFormHtmlarea(_MD_SWIKI_BODY_FLD, 'body', $pageObj->body, '100%', '400px');
break;
case '4' : // Koivi
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . '/class/xoopseditor/koivi/formkoivi.php';
$t_area = new XoopsFormKoivi( _MD_SWIKI_BODY_FLD, 'body', $pageObj->body , '100%', '400px','');
break;
case '5' : // FCK class
if ( is_readable(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . '/class/xoopseditor/fckeditor/formfckeditor.php')) {
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/class/xoopseditor/fckeditor/formfckeditor.php';
$t_area = new XoopsFormFckeditor(_MD_SWIKI_BODY_FLD, 'body', $pageObj->body, '25', '60', '100%', '400px');
//$t_area = new XoopsFormFckeditor( _MD_SWIKI_BODY_FLD, 'body', $pageObj->body , '100%', '400px','' );
}
//$t_area = new XoopsFormFckeditor(_MD_SWIKI_BODY_FLD, 'body', $pageObj->body, '25', '60', '100%', '400px');
break;

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits