rybussell
Install trouble
  • 2010/3/12 14:31

• rybussell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/3/12

I just downloaded and unpacked 2.4.4 to my web server for my domain. When I navigate to the domain.com/htdocs/index.php file, it gives me the following error:

A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again.

The directory and every file inside i CHMOD'd to 777 and the error still comes up. Can anyone direct me to a way to solve this issue? I've tried opening from three different computers and from inside my file manager. Nothing is working.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

sailjapan
Re: Install trouble

You read the release notes, ran the file check and installed the site without any problems, right?

rybussell
  • 2010/3/12 15:26

• rybussell

• Just popping in

I unpacked everything. Copied the htdocs to the root. Ran the checkfile.php file. It said 4k files checked. Delete the MD5 and checkphp files. So I deleted them. Tried running from inside the xoops-2.4.4/htdocs and the root htdocs which i renamed xoops. Both give me the same error.

sailjapan

So your file structure looks like this:

/home/xoops/index.php

Did you try to access yourdomain.com/xoops/install/index.php ?

rybussell
  • 2010/3/14 9:36

• rybussell

• Just popping in

Yep I tried that. Now this is what is weird.

I downloaded the 2.5.0 Alpha and uploaded it via firezilla FTP. Just to see if I could get it installed, I moved everything to my root and tried running the checksum.php file. IT was CHMOD to 777. When I tried to access it, I got the error about file permissions! So I copied the content inside the file to the clipboard, created a new file called "check.php," pasted the checksum.php content, and saved it. This file ran with NO problems.

I hope this helps!

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits