afghanhound
help with some real basic stuff

I have a website http://www.ahpedigrees.com which contains a pedigree database, this program in XOOPS was written for us by a programmer who we no longer have contact with and i need some help with a few basic things that i cannot seem to get my head round

A real basic is to change the text on one of the pages
On this view
http://www.ahpedigrees.com/modules/animal/pedigree.php?pedid=102826 there is a text link
« show Doginfo

i want to change this text, I have edited the template pedigree_pedigree.html and although this file showed the change
i can still only see the same text on the database, and when i view source it is still the old text,
I am guessing that i need to change this text at another place also?

Any help would be really appreciated please

Thanks

ghia
Re: help with some real basic stuff
  • 2010/2/16 22:25

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

afghanhound, welcome on the XOOPS forum!

Did you update the module in module manager? Other way is to enable the check for template updates in the preferences.

Peekay
  • 2010/2/16 23:14

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Which version of XOOPS are you using?

In Xoops, each module template is loaded into the database as a 'default' template set. If you don't have FTP access, you can 'clone' the default set and edit the cloned version of each template online via XOOPS template admin. Any changes made this way do not affect the original template file on disc.

If you prefer to edit the template file on disc, older versions of XOOPS required some persuading to display your changes.

As ghia says - you needed to press the 'update module' button after each edit and have the 'system/preferences/general settings 'Update module template .html files' option set to 'yes'. Purging the 'templates_c' folder was often required, along with clearing the browser cache and taking any loose change out of your pockets.

In later versions of Xoops, as long as the above mentioned pref is set, changes to template files on disc should be visible immediately on page refresh.

afghanhound

Hi ghia thanks very much for the reply, i followed your advice and updated the module in the module manager at least i think i did, I updated the system module and the pedigree module and i have check for template updates ticked as yes
any other ideas please

Thanks for the welcome Pam

afghanhound

Wohoooo i've done it I was editing the template pedigree_pedigree.html but like the stupid idiot that i am, i was only editing the system file and not the running file!!

Thanks for your help everyone
Pam

Login

Who's Online

498 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 498

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits