Mazarin
Beta version of XoopsPoll 1.31
  • 2010/1/30 22:21

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

It may be a bit much to call this a beta since the changes are so small. Nevertheless, being in a good mood due to the birth of my son last Thursday, I decided to implement some of the requests for improvements of the XoopsPoll module.

The changes are committed to SVN and can be downloaded here:http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsModules/xoopspoll/trunk.tar.gz?view=tar

Changes:
- Removal of links to vote on index and results pages if a user has already voted
- Inclusion of the poll description on the voting and results pages (as far as I can see, the description hasn't been shown anywhere before)
- Total votes shown in block
- Number of comments and link to comments (or really the results page where you can post and view comments). This is Bandit-X's hack which was posted in the forums BTW.
- Redirect back to original page after vote if voting from block, otherwise redirect to results page

Please try and report any bugs.

Whenever I get time to implement blind polls (don't know when that will be), I think all main functionality of the hacks and forks of XoopsPoll floating around are implemented, which should be a good thing IMHO.

Mamba
Re: Beta version of XoopsPoll 1.31
  • 2010/1/30 23:46

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Nevertheless, being in a good mood due to the birth of my son last Thursday

Congratulations!!!! Wishing you and your wife all the very best with this new addition to your family!

sarahmx
  • 2010/1/31 1:35

• sarahmx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/10/28

Hi Mazarin

congrats for your new born son and also the improvement for this module

will test this and report any bugs here

Thanks

sarahmx
  • 2010/1/31 1:38

• sarahmx

• Quite a regular

Quote:

Call to a member function getByDirname() on a non-object in /xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/xoopspoll/class/xoopspoll.php on line 215

installed and got this in blank main page

sarahmx
  • 2010/1/31 1:43

• sarahmx

• Quite a regular

++ Suggestion For future release

1. Log - How many and which anonymous and registered user has voted.. is this feature exist in old module poll ?

in the xoopspoll admin there is view log option but i always got this message (see below) when i click it eventhough my polls has many comments and votes...what it actually does ?

Quote:

View Log....Sorry, not yet.

2. clonable Poll

Mazarin
  • 2010/1/31 4:58

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

Strange. The error refers to Bandit-X's comment hack, which works perfectly for me. I don't have access to the code right now, but I'll try to reproduce the error later today.

Regarding the suggestions, these are both good suggestions, but will have to wait a while. Family first right now!

Mazarin
  • 2010/1/31 9:36

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

Just a thought, could it be that you just unpacked the files and they are still in the trunk folder? If so, all the files in the trunk folder should be moved to the xoopspoll folder, or simply rename the trunk folder to xoopspoll and install it normally.

Sry about being a bit vague regarding the install instructions.

sarahmx
  • 2010/1/31 12:24

• sarahmx

• Quite a regular

ok i fixed it....

the folder structure is ok....

what i did is update again the module for second time in admin and clear cache...now its ok..i can access the module....

but when i display poll in block i got this in main page

Fatal errorCall to a member function getByDirname() on a non-object in /xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/xoopspoll/class/xoopspoll.php on line 215

sailjapan

Congratulations on the new addition, Mazarin! Hope his name has an X in it

deka87
  • 2010/1/31 16:51

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

Quote:
Nevertheless, being in a good mood due to the birth of my son last Thursday

congrats, Mazarin! hope he's a healthy boy.

Quote:
Hope his name has an X in it

i really doubt he's gonna call him XOOPS )) hey, little xoopsy, come here boy )) well it sounds pretty good )

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits