redheadedrod
need Gallery Module, ExtGallery isn't working quite right 2.4.2 xoops with 1.0.8 extgallery

Ok,

I am using XOOPS 2.4.3 and am trying to install a Gallery.

What I WANT to have is a Gallery with Categories and then inside those categories when you upload pictures they go to seperate Albums within the catagory.

This is for a team web site and one of the Catagories will be for Game pictures. So I have a Category for "Game Photos" then when someone uploads pictures they will be able to make their own Album and put all the pictures for the related game into that catagory.

Seems like this worked out well with XOOPS 2.0.18 and an older version of ExtGallery but I have to manually add the Albums from the Admin Menu with the current version unless I am missing something.

Rodney

Anonymous
Re: need Gallery Module, ExtGallery isn't working quite right 2.4.2 xoops with 1.0.8 extgallery
  • 2010/1/20 17:58

• Anonymous

• Since:

xcgal 2.03 is running happily on my XOOPS 2.4.3 site.

Does this hit any buttons for you?

redheadedrod
Re: need Gallery Module, ExtGallery isn't working quite right 2.4.2 xoops with 1.0.8 extgallery

Well looks like ExtGallery 1.0.8 just isn't compatible with 2.4.3. Gives me the white screen at times and just doesn't work like it did with 2.0.18.

Unless I am missing something xcgal doesn't allow you to hide catagories or albums unless I missed it?

I want to have some hidden albums to use elsewhere in the site but not normally listed in the gallery.

Does look like it will work though since the other is buggy and doesn't really work.

I have also tried a couple other Galleries and although they seem to work they don't allow the catagories and albums.

Rodney

sunny93
  • 2010/1/20 20:37

• sunny93

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/15

extGallery woks under 2.4.3, but there ist a problem with cloned templates. Have a look at your templates

redheadedrod

It just isn't working for me. When I try to enter a category name it will go to the blank screen when I hit submit.

Just seems to be very buggy with 2.4.3. I was able to work around the screen blank thing but it really isn't a good way to go.

And Xcgal works but it is not as smooth as extgallery is.

Rodney

bumciach
  • 2010/1/21 13:31

• bumciach

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/25

I had similar problem with adding category in extGallery 1.0.8 on XOOPS 2.3.3
I had to change end-of-line (EOL) characters in perm.php file. The oryginal file was set MAC style (CR), which interrupt the script on some servers configurations. Now it works fine.

redheadedrod

When you upload a batch of files will it put them all in an album? I also had problems where in the past users could make album names up then add photos.. Seems the last versions dont do that anymore or it is just working wierd.. I will try what you say when I get home in a few and see if it works.

I am assuming this is on the end of every line of that file?
Or was there a specific setting you had to change in that file?

Thanks!

Rodney

bumciach
  • 2010/1/21 20:43

• bumciach

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/25

In my php editor (I use PSPad) I have 'Format' menu where I can choose beetween:
- DOS (CR+LF)
- Unix (LF)
- MAC (CR)

If you do not have a editor, what by the just one click would change the EOL character, you can try: rename perm.php to perm_old.php, create new file, copy&paste from perm_old.php to the new one and save as perm.php.

I had no problem with batch upload, but I used this function only sporadically.
I agree that there is no option to create a new album from the user. It's a pity!
So I've created a category named "New", where users send pictures, and if necessary, I create a new album in the admin panel and move a new photos to it. But I have only a few of these users, so this solution is sufficient for me.

redheadedrod

Quote:

bumciach wrote:
In my php editor (I use PSPad) I have 'Format' menu where I can choose beetween:
- DOS (CR+LF)
- Unix (LF)
- MAC (CR)

If you do not have a editor, what by the just one click would change the EOL character, you can try: rename perm.php to perm_old.php, create new file, copy&paste from perm_old.php to the new one and save as perm.php.

I had no problem with batch upload, but I used this function only sporadically.
I agree that there is no option to create a new album from the user. It's a pity!
So I've created a category named "New", where users send pictures, and if necessary, I create a new album in the admin panel and move a new photos to it. But I have only a few of these users, so this solution is sufficient for me.

I downloaded the same editor... Doesn't require an install as it runs from the file you decompress..

I was able to just load it into this program, change the format to Unix and save the file..

ExtGallery is now working on my 2.4.2 site..

Thank you... Now I wish making of the albums could be done by anyone with module admin. I was able to do it before with an older version.. Will look further but as far as I can tell it wasn't allowing me with this version but with an older version as I said, users could make albums.

Rodney

Mazarin
  • 2010/2/20 19:08

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

JAVesey, with the risk of looking stupid, how do you set permissions for user groups to certain categories in xcGal?

I'm trying to upload, but it keeps telling me I don't have any categories where I'm allowed to upload and that I must have at least one album.

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits