redheadedrod
Looking for a decent web hosting company for multiple Xoops sites

I am looking for a new web hosting site as my current agreement ends in about 2 months. Under my current hosting agreement I can have up to 6 sites. I am looking at my options and trying to figure out if someone out there has a better service for a reasonable price. I want the flexibility of adding more sites if I want but I don't want to pay for each site separately. After making a brief look at different hosting sites I see most of them look like they support a lot of stuff but for only one site.

All my sites currently are low traffic sites and I only plan to switch if I can find somewhere with better support and better tools. The site I have has the same tools I had when I started and there are much better things available now.

One of my sites might become a very large site based on XOOPS and I am hoping to find somewhere that will let me grow as I need it.

Thanks for any feedback. I work alot of hours so I really don't have the time to research alot of different sites so I am hoping to pull from the expertise here and find a good host.

Rodney

pinchecl
Re: Looking for a decent web hosting company for multiple Xoops sites
  • 2009/12/22 16:01

• pinchecl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/4/22

you might check THIS

Mamba
  • 2009/12/22 16:05

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

XOOPS is hosted by Surpass hosting and we are very happy with the service provided by them.

Mazar
  • 2009/12/22 23:07

• Mazar

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/1/4 0

i am hosting in Bluehost found it the best host ever. you can host multiple sites and multiple domains in one account

sailjapan

I use and am very happy with Future Hosting who have very affordable VPS deals. If you're after bang for the buck, I'd recommend taking a look there.

redheadedrod

I have been using Host Excellence and although they seem to do ok they have the same cpannel in use and all the same utilities in place etc that they have since day one.. Very basic and antiquated.

Some of the sites listed here have some pretty awesome tools available and I can see will save me a lot of time in the long run.

I will be looking more in depth this week at the different packages available from different hosts and try to make a decision.

The deal I am looking at with HE is I will get up to 15 domains with 3 of them being free and unlimited pretty much everything else other then the mail boxes and databases. 2 years for just under $200 US...

I will not see any reason for needing more then 5 or 6 sites at this point so I am hoping to find something decent for a comparable price..

Thanks for the responses I have had and as i said, I will be looking into them more this week and trying to decide.

Rodney

Mazar
  • 2010/1/5 20:22

• Mazar

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/1/4 0

Bluehost is the the best you can visit bluehost on
Bluehost

3lr0n
  • 2010/1/5 23:27

• 3lr0n

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/13

Jaguarpc.com for up 5 years.. amazing support and very fast, reasonable price

kanna84
  • 2010/2/8 12:10

• kanna84

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/2/8 1

Hello sir this sitehttp://www.tucktail.com/ will fullfill your requirements as the best web host site and company. also they provided best domain name with the free hosting process also. I can suggested you this is the best site in my friend's business circle. They fixed the costs @ very low. Free services like, • FREE Photo Album
• FREE! Quick Blogcast
• FREE! Hosting with Site Builder
• FREE! Personalized Email
• FREE! Forwarding / Masking
• FREE! 100-Pack Email Forwarding
• FREE! Starter Web Page
• FREE! "For Sale" Parked Page
• FREE! Parked Page w/ Domain
• FREE! Total DNS Control
• FREE! Change of Registration
• FREE! Status Alerts
• FREE! Domain Name Lockin

redheadedrod

I ended up with Blue Host although had Surpass had better online promotions or demos I might have gone with them. When I asked them what they had and if they had any sort of demo they told me to visit the control panel site that wrote the control panel they use.

So that kind of rubbed me the wrong way but I only have a couple complaints about Blue host. Nothing major.

Login

Who's Online

323 user(s) are online (199 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 323

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits