barryc
Invalid date formats in extcal
  • 2009/12/24 17:38

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

I have found another issue that needs to be addressed in extcal. When one submits a form the default dates for event beginning and end are shown in the format 2009/12/24 (for example). However, if one enters a date in this format the module throws an error with the message invalid date format. If you use the calendar icon to select a date, it is entered in the format 2009-12-24, which apparently is what is required. This cannot be changed in preferences.

This is confusing to users, as some just enter the date by typing in the text box rather than using the calendar icon. I am hoping that someone can tell me how to change the shown default dates to use hyphens (-) rather than slashes (/). Presumably it will require a hack to one of the module files.

I'm going to post this to zoullou's site too but I find that I get answers sooner by posting here.

[Edit] I've just visited zoullou's site and I see that his calendar shows hyphens (-) and not slashes. His site is running on XOOPS 2.3. As I did not get complaints about this previously from users I suspect that the date is showing differently due to some change made in upgrading to 2.4.2. So, is there some way to change how XOOPS shows the date or to make extcal accept both date formats?

barryc

Login

Who's Online

123 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 123

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits