rednecksmurf
themes in 2.4.2

I am having problems finding and uploading themes ...it says all I have to do is use the upload feature can’t seem to get them to load....they all say ....Template file not found

ghia
Re: themes in 2.4.2
  • 2009/12/24 8:14

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Check the proper alignment of files and directories. The theme.html file is the reference point and should be located at /themes/yourtheme/theme.html
Which theme are you trying to install?

sabahan
Re: themes in 2.4.2
  • 2009/12/24 8:45

• sabahan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/3/4 5

Hi

i think you confused between theme and template

for theme you have to upload it using ftp or your cpanel file manager to yoursite.com/themes/
then in admin - system options - general settings - choose your theme

Templates is in modules/yourmodules/templates/
you can use upload it in XOOPS admin site or use ftp/fmanager

Quote:

Theme vs Template
Essentially, theme controls the overall layout and look of your site. Templates fill in and render the blocks and contents.

They are NOT the same. Because they are so closely related, they seem to be the same.

Let's take the default theme for example:

You have theme.html mapping out the locations of the blocks and the contents of your site. You may have additional theme files such as theme_blockcenter_c.html further controlling the layout of CenterCenter blocks. Theme doesn't tell XOOPS where to get your contents and how the contents should be displayed. Theme just tells XOOPS to "stick" the blocks and contents where it has instructed in the theme.html file.

If you had set top news block as your CenterCenter block, XOOPS would then look for template file news_block_top.html under modules/news/templates/blocks/
for exact block rendering and information display.

If you had set login block visible (which is default setting), XOOPS would look for system_block_login.html file under
modules/system/templates/blocks/
for instruction on how the login block should be displayed.

I hope this will clarify things for you.

Login

Who's Online

67 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 67

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits