frankblack
debaser 3.05 Abandoned released!
  • 2009/12/16 17:59

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

I am proud to announce the release of debaser 3.05 Abandoned (Final). Just a few things have changed compared to the beta. For upgrading from Half-Finished to Abandoned I made a small upgrade script.

It has been a long way from debaser 0.92 to 3.05. Although the module is bloated and is programmed in XOOPS 1.x-style, as a nice portuguese guy told me (eheh), it works! Anyway the beauty of the code lies in the eye of the viewer.

An updated documentation is soon going to be released.

So here is the final feature list (not everything is a feature, but a bug):

- Works only for XOOPS 2.41 and higher
- Uploading, editing, deleting restricted only to registered users
- File manager removed, because managing files should be duty of the core
- Multilingual in conjunction with xlanguage with NO extra markup for different languages
- Playlist for various formats (if the player is capable to play playlists)
- I am quite sure about the fact, that nearly every player could be embedded, even external players
- Advanced setup of players
- Advanced setup of mimetypes
- Batch processing of files uploaded with FTP
- Re-encoding of MP3 files with Lame (not included)
- Broken files can be reported
- Radio stations can be added
- TV stations can be added
- Nearly all kind of files can be added
- debaser makes use of getid3 to get file information when uploaded
- Per-user defined directories (with quota)
- Playing lofi MP3 can be triggered from different options
- Flash uploader integrated with display of progress and time
- Batch uploading through Flash uploader
- Permissions for categories, uploads, playlists etc.
- Anti-hotlink feature
- Code embedding of player code is possible
- Flash token (kind of) for Flash uploader integrated
- Tell-a-friend with visual captcha
- Search bar with suggestions integrated
- Playlists can be public or private
- Display of files can be embedded or popup
- Files from the same user can be displayed (or limited to a certain amount or turned off)
- Links can be submitted for plain URLs to files or for videos from YouTube et.al.
- Equalizer added for audio files, when played with a Flash based player
- Lots of blocks
- Playlist can be sorted via dragndrop
- Made the xoopsforms look a bit nicer (hope so)
- Page to get detailed information on a file in administration
- Donation button added (shameless plug), pointing to joe_l@gmx.de.

Upgrade from 3 Beta to 3 Final
Download 3.05 Abandoned (Final)
Bug tracker
Docs for pre-Alpha

So here my final words (read my signature): Thx to all the nice people I met along my way developing this bloated bastard, especially xsell for pushing me and having nice feature request, trabis and alfred for always being helpful, mamba for making me xotm, longtailvideo.com for their written permission to add JWPlayer to the package and all the others I forgot to mention for their code which I shamelessly stole.

Good luck and have fun

ATB frankblack

Burning
Re: debaser 3.05 Abandoned released!
  • 2009/12/16 18:06

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

Thanks a million !

btesec
  • 2009/12/16 18:58

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

Need to post it as News item to highlight it.

xsell
  • 2009/12/16 21:05

• xsell

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/9/2 1

Thank u frank ,

Just downloaded it and i'm going to rebuild my site now with this version .. but first this error .in the mysql.sql file line 138 ,

1-Need to replace this , with ;

INSERT INTO debaser_player VALUES (180'Flowplayer Video JS''<script type="text/javascript" src="<@urltoscript@>flowplayer-3.1.4.min.js"></script>rn<a href="<@mp3file@>" style="display:block;width:<@width@>px;height:<@height@>px" id="flowplayer<@id@>"></a> rn<script type="text/javascript">rnflowplayer("flowplayer<@id@>", "<@urltoscript@>flowplayer-3.1.5.swf",  { rnclip: { rnautoPlay: false, rnautoBuffering: true,rnscaling: "fit"rn}rn});rn</script>'280500'false''0''flowplayer.gif''flv mp4''flowplayer'1000),

2- Tell Friend dose Not work with me ..i use Firfox , Ghorme, IE7

3- With Single file Upload and Batchload , if want to edit a File the Description is Requier , but its Not Requier when Sending the File (single /batchload) ..

That Means if user Sends a File with no Description , and the admin needs to edit it , he Can not unless he Make up some Description for the file .. So i would Recomended to make it Requier when sending file or Make it Optional on the admin side when try to edit it ..

will Keep testing and come back later :)

Xoops 2.4.2
PHP 2.5.6
MYSQL 5.0.51b

frankblack
  • 2009/12/17 7:40

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

@xsell: sorry you are absolutely right for the sql. Fixed on d.x.o. Seems to be that I have to make a fix release.

bumciach
  • 2009/12/17 10:01

• bumciach

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/25

Download link says: "The file you are looking for could not be found. Please contact the administrator of this project for more information."

frankblack
  • 2009/12/17 13:13

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

Whenever a file is deleted and a new one is uploaded on dev.xoops.org, the path is changed:

Download new

Tell-a-friend works for me on the following platforms
XP: Firefox 3.5.6, IE6, IE7, IE8, Opera 10.01, Chrome 3.xx, Safari 4.04
Mac OSX Tiger: Firefox 3.5.6, Opera 10.01, too lazy for Safari

Does the popup do not show up at all? Or are you trying this is as a guest? For guests it is not allowed, but this is quite easy to correct.

xsell
  • 2009/12/18 6:20

• xsell

• Quite a regular

Hello Frank

Tell Friend , when click the icon while logged as Admin , just dose nothing .. I realy Do not Care Much about it as i will Make My Own Hack to use Pure PHP instaed Javascript ..just thought to tell u if needed fix .. I Have XP Media Center , with IE7 , Firefox. and the Result Same .

another Thing did not work With me is the Search , Something is Not right with the Ajax .. it could Be just me .. I do not know realy ..i will try later make another test when Clean Up my PC .

frankblack
  • 2009/12/18 7:27

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

I can assure, that EVERY ajax based function SHOULD work properly. I installed tons of browser (except for Linux) to make some tests.

Perhaps one thing: where is your jquery.js inside your theme.html? I experienced, that the best place is on top of everything, just right after the metas or the title.

xsell
  • 2009/12/19 4:39

• xsell

• Quite a regular

Hello again

Yah That done , I placed the Javascript code to the Very Top of my Theme and Now it worked .. But Honestly Debaser works good , firefox , Google .. But with IE7 and maybe IE8 not very Good.. Oh Old Microsoft Explorer .. i wish Someone Just Put the Browser to Sleep and Never Make him wake again.. Its Just Not Good Browser But Yet Many Many Still Use it ..in my Site Stats its like More than 90% of my Visitors Use Microsoft Explorer .. i wish Bill gates Just Shot this Pices Of Crap and Give us Break .. EH

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits